Mitsubishi WS-65909 Green light condition "Double light-Pause-Double light"

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Leehavens
Mitsubishi WS-65909 Green light condition "Double light-Pause-Double light"

Hi Larry,

Please advise corrective action for green light condition for Mitsubishi WS-65909.

Symptoms:

- Press power button, green light comes on for 2-3 sec, clicking sound and nothing.

-  Press reset and the green light blinks on and off for approx 1 min.  Press power button and green light comes on eonce for 2-3 sec., clicking sound and nothing

- Press Menu and Device together, hold down 5 seconds and get "double green light - pause -double green light".  Service manual says there is a short somewhere in the TV.

Called a TV repair service. They said it is the convergence IC and want $450 dollars.

Would appreciate solution for green light problem.  Email [email protected]

Thanks,

Lee

Larry Dillon
You need to replace the

You need to replace the convergence IC and replace the F9A04 and F9A05. If you can solder and have experience working on a solid state printed circuit board. You can do this repair for about 30 bucks or so. Wow, 450 bucks is a lot of cash for this repair.

Leehavens
Larry,

Larry,

Could you send the detailed instructions to replace convergence IC and replace F9A04 and F9A05. email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Lee

Lane Smith
Can you send me the same

Can you send me the same instructions?
Thanks!
Lane

[email protected]

Lane Smith
Can you send me the same

Can you send me the same instructions?
Thank you!
Lane

[email protected]

Lane Smith
When I do the Device and menu

When I do the Device and menu diagnostic I get one blink then 2 blinks
I was given this set and it had a convergence problem.
(the Blue was WAY out)
After taking the set apart to move now it turns on for 3 sec and shuts off?
I assume the convergence board gave up the ghost?
Should I still replace the convergence board?

Thanks in advance!

WS-65909

Larry Dillon
replace the convergence IC's

replace the convergence IC's and also replace the seven DM Caps, an e-mail would have gotten you directions for both!

Lane Smith
Ok! So how do I email you?

Ok! So how do I email you?
;-)

And good morning!!!
Thanks!
Lane

Lane Smith
[email protected]

[email protected]

I have a 65909 I only need the one and only convergence IC correct?

Lane Smith
[email protected]

[email protected]

oops its Monday all over again!!!

Randyk
Where are these located?

Where are these located?
can you email me the info? [email protected]

Steve Smith
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65909 with the same power/greenlight condition described earlier in this thread by Leehavens. Could you please send me the detailed instructions to replace convergence IC and replace F9A04 and F9A05?

My email address is: [email protected]

Thank you very much!

Steve

B.Reilly
I have a blown PICO fuse

I have a blown PICO fuse F9A04, and the set doesn't turn on. Green light flashes for about 30 sec. and turns off. Then I can turn TV on and it powers up and shuts down like a shorted conv. chip. Do you havea service manual for this TV? Advise?? [email protected]

singlemalt
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65909 with the same power/greenlight condition described earlier in this thread by Leehavens. Could you please send me the detailed instructions to replace convergence IC and replace F9A04 and F9A05?

Thanks!

Mikeysoft1
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
First I must say you are awesome, you helped me fix the blinking green light
problem on my Mitsubishi WS-65909 with the capacitor replacement.
Today I have the problem where the power light comes on for 3 seconds and then goes off. Just want to thank you again for all you do. I see posts from tons of
folks and you help everyone, your great.
Mike Harrington
[email protected]

Joyce
Larry,

Larry,
Just found this thread/forum re: the WS-65909 power on/off problem. Mine just started this 2 days ago, where the green light goes off after 2-3 sec and does not boot up. Purchased Dec. 2, 2002. We really like this TV and do not want to give it up yet. I am 100+ miles from the nearest Mitsubishi repair center, so it would be a big expense to have an in home service call. If I can get instructions with either an illustration or photos showing the components (and which board) to replace, I could maybe do it myself or have a more qualified person do it in my city. I would really appreciate what you can provide.

Thanks,
Gary

Daryl Adams
Larry I'm not sure if your

Larry I'm not sure if your still there or not, but I've got the ws-65909 with the same thing powering off, gives an error code 12. Can you email at [email protected]

Daryl Adams
I've got the same model and

I've got the same model and problem as above me. Please email me at [email protected]

Connect With Techlore