Sony XBR800 repair gone bad. HELP!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
XBR800MAN
Sony XBR800 repair gone bad. HELP!

I have a sony kv36XBR800. Awesome tv.

Started to act up, had to push power button twice to get it to work. Then it wouldnt turn on at all, waited an hour or so and got it to come on. Left it on and she worked great for a week, then i forgot and turned it off.OOPS

Wont turn on got the 7 flash business.

I replaced both IC chips on the D board. Plugged back in and notta, when I hit power button, I hear it trying to come on, flashes red 3x then stops, it doesnt repeat the flashes. ANd no picture.

So I resoldered the legs of the socket, hell I desoldered then resoldered it. I also put another set of chips in, in case the new pair I had in there were some how bad.

Still same thing.

HELP HELP HELP.

I cant afford a new sony xbr and there is no way Im going to a generic brand tv, after sony I am hooked.

zapdbf HELP!

XBR800MAN
I fixed the issue, it was

I fixed the issue, it was EASY I went on craigs list and found a sony36xbr800 for 200bucks!

Problem solved, tho I still have a broken xbr800. I guess I will give the trash man a 20 to take it.

Larry Dillon
Too bad, why don't you swap

Too bad, why don't you swap out the G power board and see if the set works. pts will repair the board for about 60 bucks or so. If that does not work, try swapping out the D board and see if that works in your set. pts will overhaul the d board i think for under 150. good Luck

XBR800MAN
Thats a good idea, ill try it

Thats a good idea, ill try it.

Larry what would cause it, after 2 ic replacements and fuse for it to go from 7 blinks (repeating) to 3 blinks once, (not repeating)???

XBR800MAN
Thanks Larry, Ill do it and

Thanks Larry, Ill do it and report back.

jonjon
I have same problem You think

I have same problem You think I'll spend 60 - 150 dollars to get my xbr repaired regarding d or g board.

jonjon
tech will check my kv36xbr800

tech will check my kv36xbr800 tomorrow for 25 dollars

Larry Dillon
hold off on the tech for now

hold off on the tech for now lets see what we can help you if we can. you sghould start a trouble/repair ticket for your problem, go to tvrepairkits.com/helpdesk for technical assistance please. assistance.
Larry Dillon

jonjon
My kv36xbr800 is working

My kv36xbr800 is working again. The tech (Henry's TV) had to replace IC and I paid $228.00 for parts and labor. He took the TV in his shop (probably in Tijuana) last week and it is back today just in time for football. The guy knows his stuff and my family is happy.

chula vista
charger fanatic

moddallazz
i have a sony 60in xbr800

i have a sony 60in xbr800 that i got from a side girl mad at her man 4 100 dol i called sony to find out that da g board is bad i was told by the tech 2 go online n look 4 da g board myself is it an easy task or should i just pay da 500 dol 2 sony to fix it

Larry Dillon
if you need the g or the d

if you need the g or the d board repaired contact ptscorp.com and they will give you an estimate for the board overhaul.

Raddone71
Hi all I have a KV34XBR910

Hi all I have a KV34XBR910 that has the same problem 3 flashes with no repeat after replacing both IC's all of the fusible resistors and the power regulator IC as well I am stumped any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connect With Techlore