ws65511, please help, no power up code 2 2

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mbtech
ws65511, please help, no power up code 2 2

i have recently acquired a mitsu ws65511 set from a friend who dosent have the time or patience to diagnose and repair this set. as it has been described to me tv. died at random and hasent powered up since. when turned on it will illuminate the green status led for 2 seconds and power down immediately. i personally am a master mercedes-benz auto technician however heavilly trained in electric circuits(it's been a hobby of mine since i was a kid), i believe i can understand and repair this problem with some help from others as this is slighlty out of my comfort zone, any help will be greatly appreciated. i am having trouble locating a service manual and electrical schematic as well if anyone can pass these along it would be very helpful. thank you in advance. i have been reading on the subject for somethime now and i found a thread where larry mentioned my issue and a few diodes and caps to test and check all seem to be good, however without a schematic i'm kinda in the dark. please help

Larry Dillon
Hey MB, get me an MB and I

Hey MB, get me an MB and I will fix the set for you. Heck, I cound not afford the oli change on one of those imports. You need to first check the small resistor looking like fuses in the main power supply board. The fuse are morked on the board as F9A04 and F9A05. If one or both of these are bad, DO NOT REPLACE the fuses without first replaceing the convergence IC. You will for sure cause more problems with the set if you do. If you had left an e-mail address, I could share a copy of the service manual with you. I am not sure about now though. LOL

mbtech
larry, i cannot afford an oil

larry, i cannot afford an oil change on these cars, let alone an actual car if i could have one then i would gladly helpo you get one, provided u fix the tv. LOL. i have checked the fuses above mentioned and all of the fuses noted on the service sticker on the inside of the set there were 3 on the right circuit board and 5 (i think ) on the center circuid board all ohmed good. on a previous post i read of yours you mentioned this problem so i also checked capacitor c9a60 and d5a60 diode tested good with my dvom and capacitor is not leaking but not quite sure how to test it installed on the board if it is even possible. if you could share with me the service manual i would greatly appreciate it. email is [email protected]. thanks so much for looking into this with me i hope we can get this fixed. if u ever have a question about a benz just ask!

mbtech
larry, just as a check i went

larry, just as a check i went back out and re-measured the two fuses you mentioned. fuse f9a04, as long as it is a blue resistor looking fuse, measured 6.44 M ohm i would suppose close enough to open, considering all the other fuses measured normal .1 or .2 ohms.  now my question is this, what the hell is a convergence IC and where can i find that?

Connect With Techlore