50" Toshiba shut off but there is a blinking red light in front. TV wont turn back on

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
redswan01
50" Toshiba shut off but there is a blinking red light in front. TV wont turn back on

I got this website address from my cousin who said it was a great help for him and thought it would be for me as well. I got a 50" toshiba from my uncle. He warned us of the problem, but we took our chances. It will work great for a while, then it will shut off. They unplugged it for a day or two and then it worked fine again. It shut off on them the last time and they bought a new one and gave us the old one, said if we paid to fix it the tv is ours. It was working great with no problems for 4 days after we got it, then the screen started blinking and fllickering and then shut off, but the red light in front blinks. We had it unplugged for a day and tried to turn it on, but no luck. We have had it unplugged now for 4 weeks and it still will not turn on when we plug it back in. Everytime we plug it in to try it, the red light on the front of the tv will blink. My uncle said there is a part that costs $400 on the internet to fix it and Geek Squad from Best Buy will come out to install it. But then my cousin said try this website first cuz his tv had a similart problem where he was told it would be $800 to fix his, but after being on this site was told it was really an $18 part, and sure enuf, his tv is fixed for only $18. Can anyone help me? Or let me know of what I might do to fix the tv? My cousin got his advise from Larry Dillon. But I would appreciate any info from anyone. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

-Sara

worm
Please send me repair manual

Please send me repair manual and fix for this set tp55h60 toshiba rear prejection tv.

Connect With Techlore