ws-55511 Possible convergence issue

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Abel
ws-55511 Possible convergence issue

Hello, I need help with the diagnosis and repair of my Mitsubishi WS-55511 HDTV. The set is about 4-5 years old, and recently I have began to have problems with it. The sound is working fine but the picture is blurred and has a red tint to it. I have read that some people are having problems with the picture appearing as a ghost image.  This sounds like it could be the same problem that I am having. A T.V. repair man has came to the house taken the projection unit came back and reported that it is a convergence circuit board problem and is going to cost $650. To replace. Can you help me diagnose and repair this problem.

Larry Dillon
WOW!! Man that is a steep

WOW!! Man that is a steep price to pay. Those parts cost about 30 bucks or so. They do not replace the convergence board in this set. It gets repaired. How much soldering experience do you have on solid state printed circuit boards? NONE? if you do, it is an easy repair, should take you about an hour or so from start to finish. It sounds like it is also going to need an adjustment or two. If you have no experience, then I would truly have to advice you to call in a pro to assist you in this repair. I would call the repair shop back and tell them your on to them. That circuit board is NOT even available for that set any longer. I have been repairing TV sets for 40 years and some boards are feasible to replace but I have seen a lot of folks get ripped off by the tech telling them that the entire board has to be replaced. HOGWASH, most of the time. Call another tech. This should have been repaired in your house for 250 to 300 bucks! Good Luck man.

James Reyes
I have same problem. All we

I have same problem. All we need to do is change STK392-040 IC
The only thing is i dont know how.

James Reyes
Is any one knows how to

Is any one knows how to change STK392-040?

Connect With Techlore