PHILIPS stk392-120 replaced

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ricklocal3
PHILIPS stk392-120 replaced

I recently got a hold of a philips 60pp953217 tv. it has a convergence problem, so i replaced the ic,s both, stk392-120 with stk392-150. Before i replaced them the tv had a picture, after i replaced them the tv turned on then off. after turning it on and off 3 or 4 times, the power button remained lit, and there was a electronic tick from somewhere on the motherboard. no picture, no sound. could the new ic's be bad?

ctmklm
yes. replace them with stk

yes. replace them with stk-392-180. make sure you get good replacements there about 15.00 each. you can get them at www.wehaveparts.com. also make sure you did not solder two legs together.also check pico fuses around conv. ics.

ello1828
I have LG rear projection TV

I have LG rear projection TV RT-39NZ43RB. I had convergence problem six months back & I replaced one OF STK 392-120 IC. which fixed the problem. That time blue colour was out.

Now seems problem is back with green and light purple colour out.

Should I replace both STK ICs this time or the one which I didn't replace last time ?

To avoid same problem occuring again should I also go for STK 392-150 or may by STK 392-180 ?

Larry Dillon
This is the third post you

This is the third post you have done on this problem. You only need to post once. This was already answered for you!

Phillips 55
I have a phillips 55pw936317f

I have a phillips 55pw936317f it had a convergence problem, we fixed it, but we used the STK 392- 120 it worked fine for some time, but now has the same problem. My question is should i go for the STK 392-180 or should i use the same STK 392-120? Thanx

Larry Dillon
one very important question

one very important question where did you get the ic's from on the first repairs??? And did you use enough heat sink grease on the backs of the new ic's???
Larry Dillon

diehardgator
have hitachi 43fdx10b have

have hitachi 43fdx10b have color convergence problem had same problem 3 years ago local tv shop fixed for 300.00. Same problem again. Would like to do myself what do I need and where to buy. THX

bricklayer
have a philips 2004 60pp9202

have a philips 2004 60pp9202 has a wave of orange at bottom of screen any suggestions

lennemann23
You must replace the

You must replace the resistors when you replace the ic's. If not you take the chance of destroying the new ic's you just put in.

evil
Buying convergence chips from

Buying convergence chips from eBay isn't advisable.

Connect With Techlore