Unexpected zooming of image on JVC PD 42X776

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
chipmck
Unexpected zooming of image on JVC PD 42X776

The picture on my JVC PD 42X776 is zoomed in a great deal, as if it were looking at the image through binoculars.  This isn't an issue with the aspect ratio, and I can't find any solutions.  The problem began when I unplugged the HDMI cable from my Sony Playstation to plug it into my cable box, all while the tv was on.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

MOtvGuy
I think I'd start from

I think I'd start from scratch and try unplugging the set and leaving it off for around 15 minutes and then plugging it back in.  The micro may be locked up in some weird loopy glitch.

CharlieBrown
You mentioned cable box.  The

You mentioned cable box.  The Scientic Atlanta boxes (SA 3250, 8250 and others) have an aspect ratio - read, "zoom"- built into them. You have to really dig into the remote control documentation to come up with this--->  the pound sign (#) next to the number zero (0) is the toggle for the zoom function.  Just press it repeatedly to go thru all the possible sizes.    It is, unfortunately, easy to accidentally trigger the # key by holding the remote in your right hand and using the number keys with the right thumb to direct access some channel ending in 0, like 50.  A big enough thumb may accidentally press the # key and trigger a zoom change. Stupid design-yes!  May be nothing is wrong with the TV. 

chipmck
I tried this and it worked

I tried this and it worked perfectly.  Thanks a lot for the great solution!

Connect With Techlore