PT5492S AKAI 54" PROJECTION SDTV CONVERGENCE PROBLEM BOWED SCREEN SAMSUNG

1 post / 0 new
shademasters
PT5492S AKAI 54" PROJECTION SDTV CONVERGENCE PROBLEM BOWED SCREEN SAMSUNG

Hello folks. I have a 54" AKAI PT5492S Standard Definition Projection TV with what I believe to be convergence issues. The first symptom was that the screen was bowed down at the top in the middle and the bottom was bowed up in the middle with the thin bowed lines of RGB bordering the top and bottom, which were seperate from eachother. Each of these lines were bowed too, but they were not consistent with one another. The color was much better toward the center.

Upon entering the convergence menu, I saw only a single cross-hair X in the center of the screen. It wasn't a convergence screen that I was used to like on my other AKAI PTH5498 set where there were many cross-hairs at different points on the screen. In this convergence screen, was only able to adjust the blue color. The red would not move. I was also not able to get to the 'full blown' convergence jig menu. For some reason it would not go to that screen.

Anyway I changed the ICs carefully with the recommended SANYO, but when I replaced the board I still could not get to the convergence jig screen, and now neither color would adjust. I was worse off than when I started. On this model I was unable to find any pico fuses under the STK-392-010 chips as I did on my other set PTH5498, which used different ICs STK-392-040. The setup of the boards is quite different between the 2 sets. Anyway, I could use a little help here because the convergence board for this set is no longer being made according to SAMSUNG. I was able to solve my convergence issues with my PTH5498, but this PT5492S is really giving me trouble.  

Connect With Techlore