Mitsubishi WS 55311

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not seeing green
Mitsubishi WS 55311

I have the dreaded green light problem with my 5 year old rear projection TV.

Removing pwer plug for an hour and plugging back in the green light will blink 3 times and then go off.

Pressing the power botton on TV or remote the green light comes on for 2 seconds and clicks off.

Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
No, sorry to say, this

No, sorry to say, this symptom is not the dreaded green light problem. The fact that the green light stops flashing tells you that. The green lite flashing all the time and not stopping is the DM capacitor fix. Your problem are capacitors in the power supply or perhaps the convergence IC;s need to be replaced. You can tell this if one or more of the F9A04 or F9Ao5 fuses are blown. They do not blow by themselves so if you find a blown fuse, replace the convergence IC;s then replace the fuse. If you have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck.

Not seeing green
Thanks for the help Larry

Thanks for the help Larry your info will be a great help to my tech friend. I will let you know how it all turns out. And thanks again.

System (not verified)
Larry,

Larry,

I was having some difficulty programing the channels on my WS 65813 model, so i depressed the reset button; however, the tv doesn't turn on now, and the green light is blinking. Any suggestions?  Additionally, can you possibly supply me with an owner's manual?  

--Thanks a bunch

Larry Dillon
She178, that is the first

She178, that is the first indication that the capacitors in the DM board are bad. I do not have an owners manual but the service manual as well as the repair documents I can send to you if you leave an e-mail address.

DukeJohn
Hey Larry, I hope you can

Hey Larry, I hope you can give me some advice as to my problem and perhaps a service manual if ya think my problem can be fixed.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55311 and I get a steady green light, not a blinking one. Well, once I did notice it flicker a couple of times and then stay steady. I also do not get any audio. I tried holding down the reset button. I tried every combination with the reset button. Nothing happened, the light stayed steady on. I have unplugged it for a couple of days and upon plugging the cord in I got the same steady green light.

I called a local service place that was listed on the Mitsubishi website. She told me it would be around $700 to fix although she didn't know what the problem was without seeing the unit.

I hope you might have some idea what a steady green light means. I have asked on other forums and so far the only answer I have received is they had never heard of this problem before and couldn't help me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Oh and my email if you have any docs that might help me is: [email protected]

DukeJohn
Okay, well, I got some canned

Okay, well, I got some canned air and cleaned up the unit really good and when I turned the power on it came on! Crazy, crazy stuff. I will let ya know if it goes out again.

DukeJohn
I guess I got a little too

I guess I got a little too excited before. After a few minutes the picture started to wobble. Then it slowly collapsed on itself. I turned it off before it went totally out, but the screen was down from 56" to the size of a basketball.

Anyway, does this shine some light on the issue as to what the problem may be?

Larry Dillon
Sounds like you could have a

Sounds like you could have a convergence issue? Check and see if the fuses F9A04 or if F9A05 is open, if one of those two fuses are open, the IC is bad for the convergence. DO NOTSIMPLY REPLACE THE FUSE!! you will cause problems in the power supply or burn up resistors in the convergence circuit. Good Luck

DukeJohn
Hey Larry thanks for the

Hey Larry thanks for the response. Took me a while to find the two little suckers, but I eventually did. They look perfectly normal to me. So what is the next step?

Larry Dillon
you cannot tell if they are

you cannot tell if they are good by looking at them, you must measure the continuity across them.

DukeJohn
Oh, okay, well I contacted my

Oh, okay, well I contacted my father-in-law, he repairs electrical systems on military aircraft. He said he would stop by tomorrow and check those fuses for me. Is there anything else I should have him do while he is here?

Larry Dillon
No just make sure they all

No just make sure they all have continuity across them. And like i said before, if you find a bad one do not replace it without replacing the convergence IC first.

DukeJohn
Larry Dillon said: Sounds

Larry Dillon said: Sounds like you could have a convergence issue? Check and see if the fuses F9A04 or if F9A05 is open, if one of those two fuses are open, the IC is bad for the convergence. DO NOTSIMPLY REPLACE THE FUSE!! you will cause problems in the power supply or burn up resistors in the convergence circuit. Good Luck

Okay, we tested for continuity on those two F9A's and then checked a few more and everything is good.  So now we are going to pull the board to remove the convergence and replace them and then see what happens.  May take a few days, as I have to locate or order the parts.

DukeJohn
**Sigh** I was about to begin

**Sigh** I was about to begin unscrewing the board when I noticed a couple of drops of green liquid on a circuit that connects one board to the next. I wiped up most of it off and then used compressed air to remove the rest. I thought I would check one more time and when I plugged it in. Not even the green light up front came on. Now, I guess I have a power problem.

Should I try and fix the power problem before I work on the convergence or fix the convergence first?

Larry Dillon
One of the picture tubes may

One of the picture tubes may be leaking.

cathy mc
Larry Dillon said: No, sorry

Larry Dillon said: No, sorry to say, this symptom is not the dreaded green light problem. The fact that the green light stops flashing tells you that. The green lite flashing all the time and not stopping is the DM capacitor fix. Your problem are capacitors in the power supply or perhaps the convergence IC;s need to be replaced. You can tell this if one or more of the F9A04 or F9Ao5 fuses are blown. They do not blow by themselves so if you find a blown fuse, replace the convergence IC;s then replace the fuse. If you have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck.

Hi Larry...I do have the dreaded green light problem....I have a Mitcubishi Ws 65613...can you send the instrucitons/diagrams for making the repair? thanks!   [email protected] 

Cathy

Amon
I have the same unit.

I have the same unit. Lighting hit near my house and my TV will not turn on. The green light stays on all of the time. Sould I check the same items listed above.

Zero
I recently had the same

I recently had the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS 65909 I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in I got a continuous blinking green light. The last time this happened (2 years ago) it cost me $600.00 to get fixed. I got the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com which consisted of 7 capacitors and 2 fuses and "how to" directions. I got to the offending caps and replaced them (THEY WERE NOT BULGED AND STILL LOOKED GOOD) and the set works! Note you WILL NEED the desoldering tool (Radio Shack $11.00) the desoldering wick is imprecise. I found the kit worth the $39.00 because because of the email support and directions (I used it) that come with it.

lm19
Hello,

Hello,
I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 which will not turn on. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then goes back off. Do you have a repair for this? If so would you please send it to me along with a location where to purchase the repair parts.
My E-Mail address is [email protected]

Thanks very much,
Larry

Tomas
Hello, I have one ws55511tv

Hello, I have one ws55511tv and the green ligth mantain on and blinking all the time. I try to repair and the capacitor is good in the DM board. Whwre you think, is other place to continue? You can send to me the wiring diagrams for fallow the corrent?

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! if the kit does not work most likely the DM is BAD!!!!
Larry Dillon,

TheBaron
I have a Mitsubishi WS 65909.

I have a Mitsubishi WS 65909. First, I had the "blinking light of death". After reading many internet site, I was able to replace the 7 capacitors on the DM daughter board. Now, the problem is it turns off a few seconds after I turn it on...no picture is displayed. I have press MENU + DEVICE and it returned 1 flash, a pause, then 2 flashes.
I have also read about fuses. I don't know where they are or what they look like. I have the back of the tv open at this time.
Many thanks for any help.

Jesus Mancera
Larry,

Larry,
My TV is not receiving the signal from Cable (COX). The input for Antenna A failed a year a go, I switched to Antenna B and now is not working either. I already reset the TV but did not fix the problem. If I access the menu I can see it clear on screen. It seems to be that something went wrong with the inputs for Antenna A & B. Do you have any idea what could've gone bad? If yes, do you sell any repair kit? My TV is a Mitsubishi WS-65513

Thanks,
Jesus M.

Big Fe
Jesus,

Jesus,
A common failure on the V23 chassis, including your TV, is the 9V regulator, IC9C25, on the signal board. When it fails, the video from all inputs is lost.

Max708
My Mitsubishi WS-55511 Powers

My Mitsubishi WS-55511 Powers off then the green Light starts blinking once it stops blinking I can restart the set. This goes on several times a day. Does the repair kit from TvRepairkit.com fix this problem?

Thanks.

budweiser.junky
hey larry i have the 2-3

hey larry i have the 2-3 symptom on my mitsubishi ws55315. i checked all fused and everything looks good. any ideas

Connect With Techlore