Mitsubishi WS55315

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
martycorn
Mitsubishi WS55315

I recently inherited a WS55315 with the blinking light syndrome. it does'nt blink constantly only twice when it is plugged in. Same problem, it will not power up. I've checked all fuses (OK). I'm not sure exactly were the DM module is or the capacitors that are on it. I've not seen this particular model# posted anywhere but feel it is probably the same problem. Would like to try and repair it myself if possible or at least find out if it is worth fixing. could you e-mail me the schematics and location of these capacitors and what Mf and voltage you recommend replacing with?[email protected]  Thanks for any help.

martycorn
Am i the only one with this

Am i the only one with this tv? I would really appreciate some feedback.

thanks

michael

Larry Dillon
Oops Sorry my friend, you got

Oops Sorry my friend, you got overlooked somehow. I'm afraid your TV set does not have a problem in the DM, as it does not use the type of control circuit. There are some problems with this set that are common but not as easy as a fix as the DM repair. You will need to unplug the set, get an ohm meter to measure continuity and look around on the power board for a large transformer labeled on the board as T9A50. On one side of this T9A05 are small fuses, marked on the board as F9A02, F9A03, F9A04, and F9A05. Let me know if you find any of these not checking continuity. DO NOT REPLACE THE FUSE without telling me what fuse is bad, as if you do, you could cause more damage to the set.

Larry Dillon
Oh by the way I do not have

Oh by the way I do not have the service manual on this TV set, I do however have a schematic diagram  for the power supply as well as the main board. So if you can read a schematic diagram, l can send you a copy if you like.

martycorn
Yes, please if you would send

Yes, please if you would send me the schematics to [email protected]. Iwill check on the fuses in the  meantime. thanks for your help.

michael

Larry Dillon
I sent you the schematics. It

I sent you the schematics. It is a different model but same chassis. Good Luck

martycorn
Thanks alot. I'll get to

Thanks alot. I'll get to checking this evening.

michael

martycorn
Larry, I checked all of the

Larry, I checked all of the fuses. All are good. I tried to down load the schematics, but my computer will not let me open the file. my compputer uses Adobe 6.0 reader. i checked all of the fuses to ground (each of the aluminum baffled heat sinks I suppose) I had continuity to each except for the one labled LIVE GROUND. No continuity to this one. Not sure if there may be something shorted? If you would let me know if I need a different browser to open the files.

thanks again,          michael

martycorn
Larry, was away from home for

Larry, was away from home for a while. any idea about the browser.

thanks

michael

Larry Dillon
MIKE, upgrade the Adobe. I

MIKE, upgrade the Adobe. I use the upgrade as they are free. Maybe that is why you cannot open the files?

martycorn
I got the schematics opened.

I got the schematics opened. Thanks for the info. any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Michael

Larry Dillon
The fuses I am referring to

The fuses I am referring to are mounted on the printed circuit board in the main power supply right by the switch mode transformer. There should be at least 4 to 6 of them and they do not measure to ground, you measure across them for continuity. How much solid state printed circuit board experience do you have?

martycorn
all of the fuses have

all of the fuses have continuity on the main power board. I was merely checking to see if that could be a problem. I do not have much experience with solid state control boards, other than some troubleshooting. I could be in over my head on this one, but I am one that at least tries to solve the problem, or at least get familiar with it before I have to take it to a repair shop. If you think it may be more complex of a problem I should probably cut my losses now before I cause more damage than already exists.

thanks alot for your help,

Michael

Larry Dillon
The capacitors in the main

The capacitors in the main power supply could also have a problem. Look around the set for any small bulges on the tops of the caps. Also, the convergence IC's could be stopping the set from coming on.

Dano5050
Hi,

Hi,
I am having the same problem as Michael with the same set. I am without a schematic but I located the fuses and they test good. I am getting my -24 at D9A61 but I am not getting my +24 at D9A60. I am getting my correct voltages at D9A56, 57, and 58. I have already replaced the Convergence IC's and checked them for solder splashes. Any idea's would be great. Thanks!
Dano

Connect With Techlore