Mitsubishi 65" Projection TV

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lisa D
Mitsubishi 65" Projection TV

We have a Mit WS-65413 that is only 4 years and now dead. Within the last two weeks its starting turning to DVD mode on its own, while watching TV. The green light starting blinking all of the time. Then two nights ago it turned off and will not turn back on. The green stays on steading all of the time. We have tried the unplugging and plugging back up as someone suggested. Now we need to get ideas if this is worth fixing or if we should look into a new one. Could this just be the fuses are blown or something else? We do not have a service manual for this TV. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Nice kitty! Hello there kitty

Nice kitty! Hello there kitty kat. Unplug the TV set for a few minutes and without touching anything, how long does the green light flash? Does it ever stop flashing?

Lisa D
Larry Dillon said: Nice kitty

Larry Dillon said: Nice kitty! Hello there kitty kat. Unplug the TV set for a few minutes and without touching anything, how long does the green light flash? Does it ever stop flashing?

The light is on solid. It quit blinking when the tv cut off. We have tried the unplugging without touching anything. The buttons on the front of the tv do not work only the remote.

Lisa D
Nothing now. The tv does not

Nothing now. The tv does not do anything. It is dead except for the green power light being on constant.

Larry Dillon
Oh Okie dokie. MMM I doubt if

Oh Okie dokie. MMM I doubt if it is a DM problem. I would certainly pull out the DM board and look at the capacitors and see what they look like. If those were replaced and you still had an issue, I would go and start checking the switched and the standby power supply voltages. Do you have any experience on checking voltages or using a schematic diagram? If you do, I could send you some repair instructions and the factory service manual for your Set. But if you do not, play it safe and call in a tech to assist you in this repair.

Lisa D
I don't have much experience

I don't have much experience but we have a family member that can check those things out for us. So yes if you could send that would be great.

Larry Dillon
I just went to look for that

I just went to look for that model number and I do not see a WS-65413, I do have the 513, 613, 713 ect.

Lisa D
Okay thanks anyways, but it

Okay thanks anyways, but it is a WS-65413.

Larry Dillon
Oh wait, I did find it. This

Oh wait, I did find it. This model does not have a DM board. I will send you out the factory service manual anyway. Maybe someone can trouble shoot this for you. Good Luck

dannyg280
Larry Dillon said: Oh wait, I

Larry Dillon said: Oh wait, I did find it. This model does not have a DM board. I will send you out the factory service manual anyway. Maybe someone can trouble shoot this for you. Good Luck

Hi there. I am have the EXACT same problem with the  same model TV. Was this issue ever resolved? I have repair tech coming out Tuesday, I don't want to pay the $100 for him to look at it if it's junk now. However, if you haven't resolved the problem I'll let you know what he says.

dannyg280
Also, if you could possibly

Also, if you could possibly send me the service manule as well that would be greatly apprecaited.

Lisa D
I have not solved the problem

I have not solved the problem yet. The cheapest I have found to look at it is 125.00 and I have to take it to him. Not sure what we are going to do. TV's should last longer than 4 years. This is the worst one I have ever had. But if anyone has a suggestion on how to fix it, then we will fix it. Good Luck to you too dannyg280.

dannyg280
Thanks for responding Lisa. I

Thanks for responding Lisa. I have a tech sheduled to come out on Tuesday, (luckily I live about 3 miles from the only authorized Mitsubishi TV service center in Maine). I'll post his findings as soon as I find out. I really love the TV, even though it is HUGE, and I'm not going to part with it if I can get it fixed for under $400... I know TVs have gone down so much in price, I just bought my parents a 42" Plasma for Christmas for $725... So it will be a tough call if the repair is really expensive.

elecengin
Dear Larry,

Dear Larry,

I have a convergence problem with my Mitsubishi TV 65" projection diamond series. Should I start a new topic/thread? I needed help locating this convergence chip or board. I have searched online and found STK-392570 to be the chip part number but not sure. Thanks in advance.

dannyg280
Larry,

Larry,
Would it be at all possible to get you to send me the Service Manaual for the WS-65413? I'm still having the same problem after replacing the signal PCP.

Email - [email protected]

Thanks so much,
Dan

Larry Dillon
Finally!, you left an e-mail

Finally!, you left an e-mail address. I will have the service manual out to you in a short while. Good luck

chevelle71
Hi

Hi
I have a mitsubishi ws-65413 with the same problem. green led light stays on as soon as you plug it in.The tv wont turn on.I have had 2 service tecs come out to look at it. I have spent between 5-6 hundred dollars between service calls and parts and the tv still doesent work. they have replaced the signal board and the photo cupler and acording to mitsubishi they have never had this problem.I am not happy the tv is less than 4 years old. If someone can help me please. I dont know what else to do.
thanks.

Larry Dillon
I need an e-mail address to

I need an e-mail address to send them to!

chevelle71
Larry Dillon said: I need an

Larry Dillon said: I need an e-mail address to send them to!

[email protected]

chevelle71
Thank you very much larry. I

Thank you very much larry. I was looking at the tv and it doesent have a dm board. what other capacitors would cause this problem?

Larry Dillon
Check on the formatter and

Check on the formatter and signal board for swollen capacitors

Leeroy
mine went out three times

mine went out three times with the same problems. First two times under warranty and now not. They replaced the convergence chip. Cost is 400.00 dollars. I will not fix it again. Worst tv ever. TV is now in garage taking up space.....

Kooch523
Larry,

Larry,

I was hoping you still have the tech manual for the Mitsubishi WS65413. My TV when touching the power button starts to turn on then powers off before it turns on. I have been told by a few people it is the Power supply board. Does this make sense to you? and could you forward the repair manual to me?

Thanks a lot.

Kevin
[email protected]

Ky Le
I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with my T.V the green light stay on but on the screen it stay black. The tv tech suggest the repair are gonna be no more than $400. I also check w/ the mitsubishi service help line and they said I need to replace the convergence chip or may the power circuit relay. I have a little experience in electronic. But I do not know where the convergence chip is located. If some one is having a schematic sheet and they please send it over my email please. Also if anyone is having the same problem and got it fix and can you please let me know what is the reason, that caused this kinna problem. I would be really appreciated. thank you

Ky Le
I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with my T.V the green light stay on but on the screen it stay black. The tv tech suggest the repair are gonna be no more than $400. I also check w/ the mitsubishi service help line and they said I need to replace the convergence chip or may the power circuit relay. I have a little experience in electronic. But I do not know where the convergence chip is located. If some one is having a schematic sheet and they please send it over my email please. Also if anyone is having the same problem and got it fix and can you please let me know what is the reason, that caused this kinna problem. I would be really appreciated. thank you

imdolphin1fan
Larry,

Larry,

I found out which parts I need to replace but I do not have a service manual to find them. Could you please email me one. Its for a Mitsubishi WS-65413.

Email- [email protected]

Thank You!

Frank378
I am also having the same

I am also having the same problem with the WS-65413. with the blinking green light. Must be common. It does not have the DM board therefore I don't know where to look for the next trouble shoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And Larry guess what? Can i Please have a copy of the service manual too? [email protected]. Thanks and if you know what can be wrong any info thanks

Frank

Raymond123
Hi Larry, looking for service

Hi Larry, looking for service manuel for mit ws-65839 convergance problem.

Thanks, [email protected]

ETuser
Larry Dillon said: Check on

Larry Dillon said: Check on the formatter and signal board for swollen capacitors

Hi Larry,

Can you please send me the service manual?  I am having the exact same problem.

rewonk |at| hotmail.com

Thanks!

evil
Larry is no longer with us

Larry is no longer with us anymore

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/30723/Farewell-Larry/

The Service Manual can be found in the Service Manual section of this site.

Connect With Techlore