47" LG LC7DF main PCB bad?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
bill802
47" LG LC7DF main PCB bad?

I have a 47" LG LCD model LC7DF-UB which I bought in mid december.  A few days ago the audio stopped working. I went to try a DVD to see if it was a DIRECTV receiver issue or a TV issue. When trying to select input control menu on the remote it froze on the screen, then when I touched the power cord where it plugs into the surge suppressor the whole set shut down and would not power back on. Unplugged TV and plugged back in and all is fine now.  Called for warranty service to have the set looked at and the tech made the diagnosis that it was a problem with the main board.  LG has an upgraded board and they will order one to get it replaced under warranty.  Mind you he did all this with my problem description w/o opening the set.  Anyone agree with this? Figured I would let them put the new board in just in case something down the road does go wrong. This way they cannot come back and say "we told you the board needed to replaced and since you opted not to do it your warranty is voided."  This is an isolated one time occurance thus far.

MOtvGuy
LG has had a rash of main

LG has had a rash of main board issues the past year on their LCD Tv's.  I would definitely let them replace it.  

Connect With Techlore