Ok, Samsung PCN5425R and HCM5525W. Help me play "Dr. Frankenstein".

1 post / 0 new
morbidlyangelic
Ok, Samsung PCN5425R and HCM5525W. Help me play "Dr. Frankenstein".

Ok, I have a Samsung HCM5525W, with skewed convergence. If you open the convergence section of the user menu, you get the menu and options on-screen, but no selector to show what part of screen you are changing. If you go into convergence service mode, screen stays on, but goes completely blank.

I also have a Samsung PCN5425R with a phosphor burned green tube.  Everything else works great, except blue gun is milky. No biggie, just change coolant.

These TV's were manufactured only a month apart, so I'm hoping for the possibility of interchangeable parts.

Question #1 is...... What is wrong with the HCM's convergence, and can I fix it by yanking a part from the PCN?

Question #2 is...... Can I take the green gun out of the HCM, and use it with the PCN?

Question #3 is...... If so, can I pull the guts out of both TV's and use the PCN guts in the HCM house. I like the height of the HCN and the snazzy hidden shelf at bottom. 

What would be my best course of action? I got the PCN for free, fixed the Conv. Mod. for $75. Got the HCM for $50, plus gas to drive from Jacksonville to Miami to pick it up. So far.... only $225 out of pocket in this venture, well below the price tag for a 55" HDTV.

Connect With Techlore