mitsubishi ws55807

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
elden
mitsubishi ws55807

I have a mitsubishi WS 55807 when you first turn the tv it has the bowtie looking screen , you can slap the lower right side of the tv and the picture looks great.   While watching TV, it keeps going blurry on the top and bottom of the screen...again, when you hit it on the right lower side it goes back to the normal screen.  I hate to replace the whole tv if it is something simple...anyone have any ideas???

THANK YOU!

Larry Dillon
You will need to resolder the

You will need to resolder the convergence IC's or something in the convergence circuit before the circuit blows out. The hitting the TV set will certainly blow out the components. A repair job like this should cost about 100 bucks or so. If you wait, it will cost you about 350 bucks if not more. Good Luck

maf
Thanks for the info.  Is this

Thanks for the info.  Is this something that is fairly easy so I could do myself?  Or, do I need to get a technician? 

If I can do it myself, can someone walk me thru it?  I know how to resolder...I just don't know where the convergence is or what I need to do.

Thanks

Rondog
Hello: I have this same

Hello: I have this same problem with my Mitsubishi WS-55807. When I plug it in the green LED flashes 3 times and stops. Then when I hit the power button it tries to turn on but turns off in 2 seconds.

The only difference here is that I just replaced the IC chips. I was having the 3D effect on the right side of the screen so I tried adjusting the convergence manually and it wouldn't work so I ordered (2) STK-392-570 IC chips from Blue Star International and replaced the old ones. Now the set won't turn on.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Larry Dillon
if you replaced the stk ic's

if you replaced the stk ic's and now it shuts off after switched on double check the soldering on the ic's on the PC circuit board. and makev sure there are no solder shorts across the ic pin connections.that you soldered onto the board.
Larry Dillon.

Rondog
Larry Dillon said: if you

Larry Dillon said: if you replaced the stk ic's and now it shuts off after switched on double check the soldering on the ic's on the PC circuit board. and makev sure there are no solder shorts across the ic pin connections.that you soldered onto the board. Larry Dillon.

Hi Larry:

This afternoon I pulled the board and inspected the solder joints very carefully with a magnifying glass to be absolutley sure there were no shorts between the pins. They looked very good, no shorts or cracks. I am suspecting the IC chip's themselves. I got them for $5.99 each from Blue Star International so I doubt they are OEM chips.

I emailed Blue Sar but they won't reply and I called but no one would answer, just voicemail so later this evening if I have time I am going to do the unthinkable... I am going to put back the old IC's to see if the set turns on.  I will update this thread afterwards. Thank you Larry

Rondog
Danny P said:

Danny P said:

Larry Dillon said: if you replaced the stk ic's and now it shuts off after switched on double check the soldering on the ic's on the PC circuit board. and makev sure there are no solder shorts across the ic pin connections.that you soldered onto the board. Larry Dillon.

Hi Larry: This afternoon I pulled the board and inspected the solder joints very carefully with a magnifying glass to be absolutley sure there were no shorts between the pins. They looked very good, no shorts or cracks. I am suspecting the IC chip's themselves. I got them for $5.99 each from Blue Star International so I doubt they are OEM chips. I emailed Blue Sar but they won't reply and I called but no one would answer, just voicemail so later this evening if I have time I am going to do the unthinkable... I am going to put back the old IC's to see if the set turns on.  I will update this thread afterwards. Thank you Larry

Well, OK. That was a big waste of time. I installed the old IC's just to see if the new ones were bad. The TV does the same thing. It tries to turn on but shuts off in 2 seconds. When I plug it in the LED blinks 3 times and turns off. I must have done something wrong to cause this but I can't figure out what I did wrong. All solder points are good.

Danny P

Larry Dillon
what stk numbers on the

what stk numbers on the replacement ic did you use as replacements????
Larry D

Rondog
I used (2) STK392-570 ic's

I used (2) STK392-570 ic's and on the top right side of the ic's in small letters there are some numbers too: B3B13

Rondog
Danny P said: I used (2)

Danny P said: I used (2) STK392-570 ic's and on the top right side of the ic's in small letters there are some numbers too: B3B13

Part of this fix should have been the resistors but I don't know which resistors need to be replaced. The repair kits that are sold online come with convergence chips and resistors but they won't tell you what resistors or how many to replace. From what I read RK54 needs to be replaced but which others? Do you know the answer to this?

DP

Larry Dillon
Danny only replace the

Danny only replace the resistors that are bad but always replace both of the convergence ic's at once!!!!!The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste,several resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,
Larry Dillon.

Rondog
That is good advice Larry,

That is good advice Larry, tvrepairkits.com The only thing is that I can't afford to spend $70 right now on a kit for this TV. I am retired and only get social security. If my wife finds out how much I'm spending I will have to share the couch with my dog for a good while.

All I could do was order another set of IC's from Emmerson and what keeps happening is the F9A04 fuse keeps blowing. The set tries to turn on but shuts off after 2 seconds. At first it blew F9A05 and F9A04 but now the only one that keeps blowing is F9A04.

I double checked all the connections and everything seems to be connected properly. I just can't get the set to turn on. Any help will be great.

On another note, I want to wish you and all the Techlore Community a Happy Thanksgiving.!!!

Larry Dillon
Thank you very much I plan to

Thank you very much I plan to eat a lot as I just got my new false teeth!!! I haven't eaten anything solid like that in months!!!!!
Larry D.

Eansy Beansy
Danny P said: Seriously.....?

Danny P said: Seriously.....???

Danny P: Here is what Larry Dillon said about the convergence circuit back in June of last year;

June 15, 2008 9:42 PM
There are most likely bad resistors in the convergence circuit. That is why I say if you find a bad pico DO Not REPLACE IT Untill you replace the IC or you will burn out the resistors. Now you will need to look at the schematic and the resistors on the board and see what got burned out. -Larry Dillon

Larry is quite a busy guy so I am quoting him just to help him out a bit. I hope this helps you.

EB

Larry Dillon
yes Danny for sure but to my

yes Danny for sure but to my disappointment they do not fit properly!!! Back to the dentist next week!!!!
Larry

Larry Dillon
thanks Danny P for your help!

thanks Danny P for your help!!!!
Larry.

Connect With Techlore