Panasonic PT-56WX53G Convergence Chips

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rochard
Panasonic PT-56WX53G Convergence Chips

I have a Panasonic PT-56WX53G convergence problem and am looking for the proper convergence chips but I am unable to find the exact part number? Can anyone help out?

zapdbf
look on the part, it is

look on the part, it is clearly printed.

Dongatron
I have the exact same problem

I have the exact same problem. The chip you need is the STK392-110, or Panasonic C5AA00000108. They now have the STK392-180 which is an upgrade replacement. The STK392-180 has a higher heat tolerance and is the same price so get the newer chip. Don't buy the $5.99 generic one, if you want the Panasonic OEM chip it will cost about $40 which is a rip. Get the one make by Sanyo, it'll run you about $15. Also be sure to replace both IC chips, and use heat sink compound all throughout the back of each IC chip. Good luck.

JanetS
I have the same TV and it

I have the same TV and it keeps signaling 3 times before turning itself off (No picture at any time). Any idea what is going on?

Dwray
The STK392-180 is NO BETTER

The STK392-180 is NO BETTER then the STK392-110 there both ONLY 3amp's Rated Use the STK392-120 which is 4 amps OR Even better But more money the NEW STK394-160 is the BEST !

LouM
I have this same TV and all

I have this same TV and all of a sudden I am seeing blue streaks across the screen. What I've read, I keep hearing about the IC chip. Does this sound right? I am by no means a TV techie, is this something I would need a pro to fix? If not, where can I get the part?

Thanks!
Lou

chrisbarnson
I have a panasonic tv model

I have a panasonic tv model pt56wx53g the tv was turn off automatic and can turn on the red light was blink 3 times every minuto, and can turn on, somebody tell me what can i do to fix my tv

chrisbarnson

I have a panasonic tv model pt56wx53g the tv was turn off automatic and can't turn on the red light was blink 3 times every minuto, and can turn on, somebody tell me what can i do to fix my tv

chrisbarnson

I have a panasonic tv model pt56wx53g the tv was turn off automatic and can't turn on the red light was blink 3 times every minuto, and can turn on, somebody tell me what can i do to fix my tv

patrice
I have a Panasonic PT-47WX53G

I have a Panasonic PT-47WX53G My problem is that I have shadow screen,which is caused by a bad picture tube. My question is... is it cheaper to just buy a new TV? If not where can I purchase a good quailty picture tube?

Dongatron
After much digging around and

After much digging around and having a few of my electrician friends looking inside the TV I bit the bullet and decided to scrap the whole TV. Replacing the convergence chips is too much of a pain to do yourself and also quite dangerous. A lot of the capacitors on the board can still hold a strong charge even if the TV is unplugged. Hiring someone to do it is expensive and there's no guarantee it'll even work afterwards.

With the price of LCD's and plasmas these days it's not worth fixing the damn thing. Plus the thing was the size of a small car. I sold mine,still broke, to some guy on Craigslist for $100. Good riddance.

JanetS
I changed it out without any

I changed it out without any problems. Works fine again.

Connect With Techlore