kp53v85 more problems

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jimberlyn
kp53v85 more problems

I have a prblem with my kp53v85 sony tv.Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505In the past, my red projector was out of focus and screen was too red. I refocused all three and pulled the front cover and removed red. The screen was dark in the foreground and bright in background so I compensated for this via main menu per movie, but still basically still the same result just very clear picture (shut the curtains and watch tv…Ha!). I was watching tv and heard a beep (no pop), and the set went off. Unplugged the set to reset and plugged in, turned on and 4 blinks.  Where is this ic and how to replace? I am a musician so I have soder exp. And some meters. Can you help me? 

zapdbf
Yes ic 1509 is the most

Yes ic 1509 is the most likely cause, the ic is cheep just try to replace it and see if it solves your problem, there is no way to test this ic. the Transistor q1505 can be tested but i would not suspect this at first. also check f1651 and f1652. Make sure these fuses are not blowen.

Smiles
Where are these parts located

Where are these parts located? I would like to try replacing them instead of trashing the unit. Can I get some kind of schematic or somekind of idea of where these are? I think the set is worth saving but not worth spending 7 or $800.00 on. After the work you already helped me through. I got it for free....cant beat that.

zapdbf
i don't have one in front of

i don't have one in front of me, but it will be screwed to a heat sink (smaller one) the mark ic1509 will be printed on the board next to the part, It will be on is the same board with the transformer with the big red lead comming out. (deflection board) in sony the board  is marked either "D" or "DZ" the ic usaly is a 5 pin ic, looks more like a transistor than an ic. Easy to spot if you only look at the parts connected to heat sinks, (the aluminum blocks with fins on the board) get the number off of the part, you can order it from the parts store on line.

Smiles
Could that also be the

Could that also be the problem of the background being too bright and foreground too dark or is that something else?

zapdbf
No, that sounds like a

No, that sounds like a contrast issue or somthing related to the jungle possiably.  need more info on that problem.

Smiles
The backlighting is real

The backlighting is real bright. When scenes are shown (as the sun shining through a window and person standing in front of it in a movie) you cannot see their face. I also have another smaller set in the same room and in the same scene you can make out every detail (picture balances out).Color on bigscreen is slightly faded.You helped walk me through some of those issues before:

I refocused all three and pulled the front cover and removed red. That may have made the color fade some by adjusting the front color and sharpness.

zapdbf
is this the same tv, or

is this the same tv, or another tv? reducing the red could have thrown the white balance off, but if that was the case, you maybe looking at a bad crt, since it was too red before, by lowering the red you may not be getting enough emmisons off of the red tube when you turned it down. If you have a weak crt, sony's will re-bias the tube "white balance or akb"  if the tube has to be over balanced then a red glow can appear. You should be getting an intermittant shut-down problem with a akb or white balance error.  --- sorry just checked the manual(kp53v85 if this is the same tv), this tv was made before the akb error shutdown circuit was installed so you may not be getting an intermittant shutdown due to this. It sounds like a bad red tube.

Smiles
Could be  guess, but yes its

Could be  guess, but yes its the same sony. Are the tubes expensive? or the crt board for that matter? If not can it be replaced easily?

zapdbf
crts are no longer available

crts are no longer available for that model. in fact all sony projection crt's are no longer supported by sony, if they are available you have to go through a company called something like "display corp" (if you are intrested in fixing this i will get the proper name) i don't know the correct name. we have had to use them before to get sony crt's. But anyway the crt cost is about $175.00 if you can get one, you need to send in the old crt so they can transfer the hardware and seal the new tube onto the orignal fluid chamber, you have to remove the yoke and the lens before shipping. the crt board is not available, you have to component level troubleshoot it. It could be the driver ic on the crt board, it can sometimes make the crt look like it is defective, but that is rarer than the crt going out. The procedure is somewhat involved, because you need to adjust the; electrical focus,mechanical focus, adjust dot shape, magnetic converge, adjust g2, and digital convergence. Not impossiable but involved. 

nineside
zapdbf said:

zapdbf said:

crts are no longer available for that model. in fact all sony projection crt's are no longer supported by sony, if they are available you have to go through a company called something like "display corp" (if you are intrested in fixing this i will get the proper name) i don't know the correct name. we have had to use them before to get sony crt's.

I realize this thread is old, but it's the only thread on the particular TV I have. I'd like to have the name and contact information of that company please. I have the same TV, Sony KP53V85, but I think mine is 1999 or 2000 model. The TV turns on, but there is no picture at all.  I've been told that I might need what's called a "video-audio panel board".

Thanks for your help.

Netty

Ross1234
I'm confused, is this Problem

I'm confused, is this Problem More likely the IC 1509 or the CRT? I cannot find this IC 1509, or those Fuses in my KP 53V85

Eddie Collado
i have a problem with my Sony

i have a problem with my Sony Kp53v85 tv. The problem is that the volume its all the way up and i cant hear it. when you turn the tv on at the begining the audio is good, but withing 30 minutes the audio starts to decrease even tho that you are turning it up, if you can help me i would really appreciate it,
Thanks,
Eddie Collado

Eddie Collado
i have a problem with my Sony

i have a problem with my Sony Kp53v85 tv. The problem is that the volume its all the way up and i cant hear it. when you turn the tv on at the begining the audio is good, but withing 30 minutes the audio starts to decrease even tho that you are turning it up, if you can help me i would really appreciate it,
Thanks,
Eddie Collado

Connect With Techlore