Mitsubishi WS-55813 Black Screen?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
moviecouple
Mitsubishi WS-55813 Black Screen?

Sometime when we are watching TV, the screen will go black and there will faint squiggly white lines on the screen (and no audio). We then have to turn to TV off and on again to get a picture. Any ideas?

moviecouple
Yes and it hasn't done the

Yes and it hasn't done the blinking green light at all since. Randomly the screen goes black and I see faint white quiggly lines. No sound, no picture. I have to turn the TV off and on again to restore. Sometime it will do it three or four times in a row (10 minutes apart) and then it can go several weeks with no problems.

Larry Dillon
MMMM, That's a tough call. I

MMMM, That's a tough call. I thought you sounded familiar.  It sounds like maybe a tuner problem> Are you using a cable box, or a satellite receiver? How do you have the cable or the sat box hooked up to the TV set?

moviecouple
cox Cable. Through Component

cox Cable. Through Component and DVI/HDMI. It seems to do it on all inputs on the TV, but again it is random. I at first thought it was a bad singal or weak signal strength... but I now do not think it is that.

Larry Dillon
OK That was the next thing I

OK That was the next thing I was going to say. So it is happening even on lets say a DVD movie when the TV set is not in the tuner mode or shall I say in the RF mode, and if the TV set is in the Video mode, or any input selection at all?

moviecouple
Right now the cable box is on

Right now the cable box is on input INP-DTV. Just now it was erroring and did it 3 times within 5 minutes of each other. I will throw a movie with my DVD player on both Monlink and Comp1 and see what happends. I'll post the results later tonight.

moviecouple
Well that was quick. Does it

Well that was quick. Does it on all inputs and doesn't seem to matter what source it is. I can definetly say it is not the cable box or DVD player. Has to be the TV. Just seems to lose connection with the source.

When it did it on the DVD... I could see the movies was still playing, but it looks like the Vertical was all screwed up. Just keeps rolling with no sound. Guess when it did it with the cable box... it didn't have a strong enough signal and cuts to black.

Any ideas? 

moviecouple
Well, the TV official won't

Well, the TV official won't work properly. It works fine for about 3 minutes and the the screen goes black with the wigglly white lines. Has to be something to do with the board that processes the input signal. Seems that when the TV heats up to a point that it must happen. It isn't the green blinking light of death though. Guess it is time to look for a new TV.

Wow... I will never buy another Mitsubishi again though. This is my 2nd Mitsubishi Big Screen TV that I hav owned. The first died after 5 years and this one lasted only 3 1/2.

Now I need to figure a way to dump it's dead carcass and get it out of my house. 

Larry Dillon
You close to Michigan? I am

You close to Michigan? I am trying to replace my old Philips Projection TV and my old Sony projection TV sets.

Larry Dillon
Nope, a little too far for me

Nope, a little too far for me to do a pickup I think? LOL. Well good luck with your new set. Can you maybe do one more thing and post a picture of what your problem looks like or a few pictures please?

hdcamper
sigh, i've got this problem

sigh, i've got this problem with a 65613 - now its more constant then intermittent
so far every post i've seen on this there hasn't been any solutions :)

when its on and working there isn't a single thing wrong with it other then it shuts down occasionally which there might be some type of software upgrade i've read about in another thread. I would like to fix this. Its lasted 2x as long as the wonderful hitachi it replaced.

Larry Dillon
nope no update for this set!!

nope no update for this set!!! sounds like ic951 is bad or has bad soldering on it. easy repair in most cases. !!!!!
Larry D.

hdcamper
i replaced the ic9c25 9v

i replaced the ic9c25 9v regulator and so far I have had good luck - ill give it 3 days and give a shout back if everything is still working or not. :)

Larry Dillon
Great news I am sure your set

Great news I am sure your set will work just fine with the new regulator ic.
Larry D.

Connect With Techlore