ws65513

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
docdave
ws65513

new to this forum. but here goes. my road tech brought in this cube. did not bring in the keyboard but customer did complain abought blinking lights before it went dead ,all i have is ir board to turn it on. but from reading some post's here i find that the prob is the same sub power is there but the rest of standby voltages won't come up. on relay click no nothing. then 1 day realay clicked after i left it pluged in one night. no 12 volt or 5v-1 came up other supply,s came on no hv. i have a print i purchaced so i'm ok there what's this i here about bad caps on dm modual any help would be greated with open arms.since that day canot get relay to come on. power on1 and power on 2 reads 72 ohms at prossecer so its locked up THANX DOCDAVE

Larry Dillon
On this model, look inside

On this model, look inside the DM board assembly. You will see four 1000MFD @ 16 volts or so where the tops my be swollen at the tops, and maybe they will not be. Change these four capacitors first. Good luck

docdave
Larry Dillon said: On this

Larry Dillon said: On this model, look inside the DM board assembly. You will see four 1000MFD @ 16 volts or so where the tops my be swollen at the tops, and maybe they will not be. Change these four capacitors first. Good luck

hey thanx larry i will look at that when i go downstairs to the shop. DON'T work in the shop on mondays. sun and mondays are my day's off. but my shop is open. now i need to figure out what the dm modual is i'll look on print up here ONCE AGAIN THANX DOC

Larry Dillon
It should be easy to find the

It should be easy to find the DM board if you have the service manual. If you want the repair instructions leave an e-mail address and i will send them to you.

docdave
 thanx larry you the man.

thanx larry you the man. sorry it took so long to answer but living in milwaukee,packers winning,christmas and all.being the only bench tech,been busy . the 4 1000uf@16volt caps did the trick.never would have thought to look there.seeing an obvious over heating prob. and after looking over the schematics went with 1000uf@25 volt high temp hi freq caps set works great.customer happy,roadman happy.and above all i'm happy THANX DOC

Larry Dillon
Great news, now you know the

Great news, now you know the big GLOD fix. You should run into a few more.

docdave
  and so i have. once again

and so i have. once again thanx.  KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SAMSUNG? have a model #hcn653w it's the one with the convergence board bolted to the implosion shield with the stk 392-040 (that normally go wrong and the 2 pico fuses) . not this time however, my set comes up with hv shuts down then comes up. if i turn up the screen controls up i see a vert output problem (look's like a cat's eye) verry small. have changed and checked all parts on the converg amp. know that i have had a problem with this set in the past. that required changing both digiconvergence board and I thought micon board. but in both cases i had full deflection but out of converg. horably. this is the model with the 3 metal shield modual's on the left. (can the proscan modual cause this ?) ibought this print on line. (no voltages,no waveforms,very bad print) DON'T THINK SAMSUNG WANT'S US TO REPAIR THERE TV'S ANY MORE. also on the vert chip (la7845) the b+ is 17 volts + and 14 volts neg respectivly (if you don't have the print i would bee happy to send it to you) BE WARNED IT IS BAD NO WAVE FORMS AND LIMITHED VOLTAGES.       PLEASE HELP           DOC

Larry Dillon
I do not know that set at all

I do not know that set at all man. I do not think I have seen one like that but will look at it I guess.

Connect With Techlore