SONY Handycam/TV video Help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
GM
SONY Handycam/TV video Help

I recently purchased a used Sony TRV58 Hi8 camcorder, mainly to watch my old 8mm tapes on my TV.  The camera is in great shape however the only problem is that it will not display the "video" on my TV.  The audio feed goes to the TV just fine.  Also, the video plays back on the LCD screen without any problems.... it just won't display on my TV.  Here's what I've tried so far:  I've tried it on three different TVs using the RCA cord that came with the camera and a brand new RCA cord.  I've ensured all my connections to the TV and/or VCR are correct.  All combinations of connections produce the same results... audio playback is good on the TV but still no video.

Is there a setting on the camera that would make a difference or is this indicative of a "video output" problem from the camera?  Again, the LCD playback feature is just fine, but it's not coming through the RCA output.   Thanks, GM

Matt Whitlock
Thumbing through the manual

Thumbing through the manual to your camera, every photo that they have for viewing your tapes on a TV shows the LCD screen to the camera in a closed position. Perhaps that's the trick?

Also, the camera mentioned that EDIT in the menu settings could be currently set to ON. Try turning this setting to OFF since it might interfere with camera playback to a TV.

Of course, triple check that the headphone style AV plug is presed in all the way. It probably is, but checking again never hurts. 

GM
Thanks Matt.  The Edit

Thanks Matt.  The Edit funtion did the trick followed by using the reset function below the menu button.  Cheers, GM

Connect With Techlore