Mitsubishi WS-65711 Picture out of sink.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roger829
Mitsubishi WS-65711 Picture out of sink.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711 tv, latley the picture seems to be growing at the top and the bottom. If there is writing at either place I can only see about 1/2 of what is there.

What may be the problem? I've looked in the manual and I can not find how to fix the problem.

Thank you

clayburnhw
Hi, Roger I am experiencing

Hi, Roger I am experiencing the same problem. I see that no one has responded. Hope to find a resolution soon.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Your problem with your TV set

Your problem with your TV set is most likely, capacitors going bad in the sweep power supply, or in the vertical output circuit. You will need to know how to check these capacitors with an ESR meter and know how to solder and unsolder. This type of circuit troubleshooting is really not for the novice or handyperson to do or attempt without the proper equipment and/or tools. You should call in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck

giterdone
I have a ws-65711 too and the

I have a ws-65711 too and the blue convergence is way hosed.  We are talking about a foot off at the top and bows real bad at the bottom of the picture.  Can this be fixed?

Need the help.....

Scott 

GANZORUBEN
As it turned out it was not

As it turned out it was not the tv set.

I had a bad cable box, and as soon as I replaced it everything was normal again.

Thanks for the input.

jeffreygrabow
I have a ws-65711 and the red

I have a ws-65711 and the red is out of sink. I ran the code and came up with 21. The deflection circuit. What can I do to zero in on the problem? and, can you explain to me how to use an esr meter, how can I practice soldering to complete the fix?

Larry Dillon
I do not understand what you

I do not understand what you mean, " the red is out of sink" Please explain, Do you mean the red is out of sync? Explain please what you mean by that.

jeffreygrabow
Thank you for getting to this

Thank you for getting to this post. I don't know how you are able to keep up with everything! But again, thanks.

(if you are in the neighborhood and want to stop by for coffee I'd be glad to pull open the tv and we can work on it together:)

The red color spectrum is bowing behind the lettering as to show two different letterings, images, etc. There are distinctive red lines in the picture which are not in a normal horizontal flow, rather rhey are "bent" from one end of the picture to the other end. I have had to turn down the value of the red lamp in order to look at the screen.

Larry Dillon
You have a convergence

You have a convergence problem and will need to replace the convergence correction IC. It really is not that hard to do but you will need to know how to solder and work on printed circuit board. A tech should charge you about 300 to 350 bucks for this repair. The original IC cost less then 20 bucks

jeffreygrabow
Thank you.

Thank you.
Where do I go to purchase the "convergence correction IC?
Do I need to test multiple IC's to find the bad one or is it a specific IC?
What board do I go to (what about just replacing the board? is it the deflection circuit board?)in the set (heat sink?). What applying heat sink to the IC?(where do I obtain the heat sink material?)
I have the service manuel but it doesn't explain very much or I am missing it.
I watched the soldering video and I think with some practice I could do this.
repair guy wants 500. I paid 300 for a perfect 65' mits diamond.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me-Jeff

jeffreygrabow
does anyone have a picture of

does anyone have a picture of the 3 circuit boards inside the tv? On the left board in the far left corner there is a socket that I cannot find a connection for after taking some connections apart to pull out the shelf. Now I can't remember if there was one there?

Larry Dillon
What does the board say? Is

What does the board say? Is there a plug number there?

jeffreygrabow

does anyone have a picture of the 3 circuit boards inside the mitsubishi ws-65711 tv? On the left board in the far left corner there is a socket that I cannot find a connection for after taking some connections apart to pull out the shelf. Now I can't remember if there was one there?

jeffreygrabow

does anyone have a picture of the 3 circuit boards inside the mitsubishi ws-65711 tv? On the left board in the far left corner there is a socket that I cannot find a connection for after taking some connections apart to pull out the shelf. Now I can't remember if there was one there?

it says: RG

Larry Dillon
RG is a factory alighnment

RG is a factory alighnment connection, there are no plugs or connections made to this plug or connector.

xplantdad
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I hope that you can help me...again! I used your instructions to replace the 7 capacitors on the DM board right after Christmas...and now it looks like I am having a convergence issue.my set is a Mitsubishi 55511.

By using your information...it looks like I need STK393-110 which I can get here http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/STK393-110.html

What does IC8C01 267P155010 HIC mean?

And where are these IC's located?

here are some shots of the back of my TV...where would the IC's be located and how about the pico fuses?

[IMaGe]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/zyx/tv%20crap/tn_D...

Here's what the tv looks like when it's on

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/zyx/tv%20crap/tn_D...

Here's the back side of the TV...which side are the convergence IC's on?

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/zyx/tv%20crap/tn_D...

This is a pre-amp board by the lamp areas

Boy have I looked at the left side of this TV quite a bit! :)

Connect With Techlore