Mitsubishi WS-55613 Will Not Turn On

1 post / 0 new
ward_
Mitsubishi WS-55613 Will Not Turn On

Here is a fun one for you all..  :-)  I had the blinking light of death on my 4-yr old Mitsubishi WS-55613 POS.  I opened it up, determined the capacitors were the issue, replaced them, reinstalled the DM Module, slide the drawer back into the cabinet and secured it.  After plugging the TV back in, the DM μPC was able to boot and the TV started without issue.  Guess how happy I was.

I then started noticing how bad the picture was (as I had the TV open for a while between first looking into the issue and finding the posts about the capacitor issue).  I decided I needed to clean the guns so I cleaned them and then put the TV back together (but still had not yet reinstalled the back cover).  I noticed the picture looked a ton better.  I then turned the TV off and reinstalled the back cover, but now the POS won't turn back on.

I have read that Mitsubishi’s won’t turn on if everything within the TV isn't installed properly, but I have looked through the TV and I have found nothing wrong.  Since the DM μPC is still booting up and the TV is returning no additional error codes, I believe the electronics are fine.  Does anyone know exactly what Mitsubishi is using to detect if the cabinet is installed properly?  Maybe a switch somewhere?   

I am sure this is an easy fix, but I cannot find the problem.  Thank you in advance!

Connect With Techlore