Picture turnning blue

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geras
Picture turnning blue

zapdf   when i turn the tv on i can see the screen then it starts to turn blue in about 30 to 40 sec.but ican hear,also i can change channels but screen is blue. you think u have the solution for this problem?   thanks in advance

NOTE: This thread was moved here by moderator Larry Dillon

zapdbf
Geras, there are several

Geras, there are several reasons that this will happen. some troubleshooting will need to be done inorder to resolve this. if you are up-to it i can give you some things to try. so you can isolate the problem.(why don't you move this to a thread off of this blog it will be easyer to communicate)

This thread was moved by Moderator Larry Dillon

zapdbf
swap the blue and red neck

swap the blue and red neck modules around (ie put the blue module on the red and the red module on the blue) plug tv back in and see if it is still blue, if it is still blue your picture tube is bad, if not then you probably have a problem with the neck module.  

Mook
i will try this even doe this

i will try this even doe this tv is my brothers tv it will take me aday to get back to youand let you know . also thanks for the information on the stks i fix my tv and works fine but now my brother wants me to fixs his lol. i will try this thanks

Mook
zapdbf  i have switch cables

zapdbf  i have switch cables aroun and picture turned red so the neck module is the one frome were the small glass tube is ? and if it is were can i get from

thanks

zapdbf
Good, you can't buy just the

Good, you can't buy just the board, you can try the ic on the board, i don't have time to look it up today, but it is the only ic on that board, repalce it and see if this fixes your problem. if not somthing is wrong wiht the g2, it could be the focus block, or the g2 circuit. if you have a volt meter we could probe more before you just replace the ic. but the ic is cheep and easy to try.

zapdbf
Sorry, you kida got lost in

Sorry, you kida got lost in the shuffle. But i need  your model so i can look at the manual. I did not realize you did not post model.

dans_repair_service
Let's step back a bit.  Does

Let's step back a bit.  Does the entire screen turn blue or does the picture become bluish.  If a complete blue screen, you may be losing video input and defaulting to a blue screen.  Please post the details of the problem along with the make and model.

Dan

zapdbf
Dan this is the line that i

Dan this is the line that i read that led me to the trouble "the screen then it starts to turn blue in about 30 to 40 sec.but ican hear(audio),"

"it starts to turn blue" meaning it is a slow process, which i have seen before. if it was a blue screen it would flash up blue imeaditly.

Mook
sorry model # is KP-51WS500

sorry model # is KP-51WS500 sony, and yes in about 30 to 40 seconds screen turns blue.

but i can hear the audio. did swap red neck with blue and screen turn red?

Mook
and i do have a voltmeter to

and i do have a voltmeter to probe

dans_repair_service
Zapdef:  Just wanted to be

Zapdef:  Just wanted to be sure.  Sounds like a component failing under load.  Perhaps a can of freeze spray would be helpful here.  Noisy/leaky transistor?  I'll look up that model and hopefully provide additional details.

Dan

zapdbf
Thanks, Dan

Thanks, Dan

Ok from my experience, the blue screen can be caused by the loss of the G2,loss of the 200 volts on cn7303 pin 1, or ic7301 is defective, but just as dan has alluded to it could be a cap or something else on this board.  or it could be a bad video signal being sent from the main board. Let's start by checking the 200v on cn7303 pin 1 and see if it is there. Also see if you can remove the blue by adjusting the screen voltage on the focus block (screen control for blue) if you over adjust the screen control you can run the tv into shutdown, so i am just trying to see if the control has some effect on the blue. if you are getting the 200v and you can adjust the blue level, but still have no video, i would suspect ic7301. if the 200v is missing or incorrect, then we have to see why. if you can't adjust the blue with the screen control maybe we are looking at a focus block.

Mook
  thanks i will chek this.

thanks i will chek this. and see what we get.

wingnetengineer
I have a similar issue with

I have a similar issue with the KP-51ws500. Set turns on with all guns driving, then the red and green go into shutdown and the blue overdrives and causes set to go into complete shutdown. The status is 8 blinks ( indicating the flyback transformer), could it be a bad trippler or the screen control board which includes the focus controls as well. I turned the screen voltage as low as I could and it turned to red and then the blue increase and drove unit into shutdown again. Any ideas on this? Unit is too young to experience this failure. I have a 32in SONY hi-def tube set (32hs500) with a dark screen as well. I am fed-up with SONY 3 year longevity.

zapdbf
The 8 blink in your case is

The 8 blink in your case is because of the blue tube bright, you either have a bad tube, or a problem with the neck module. switch the red neck module with the blue and see if it will shut-down red or blue, if it is red, then you have a neck module problem, if it is blue you have a tube problem.

wingnetengineer
I have removed the leed for

I have removed the leed for the screen control and the set stays on now. The status is now 5 blinks due to this condition I created. The focus of any image on the screen it blured now ( as it was before I did this). I remember reading in another site were the tubes are rated for 5000 hrs and there was a service recal on the blue tube to be fixed by SONY at their expense. Is this true?

Mook
zapdbf   i have a sony kp

zapdbf   i have a sony kp-51ws500. i get the blue screen

we have switched the blue redneck with red an got a red screen,we also checked voltage on cn7303 and got 200v we could not find the blue adjuster but after we put every thing back to original position we still get blue screen then shuts off with 5 blinks?

you also said it could be the ic7301 or a focus block?

zapdbf
Geras said: zapdbf   i have a

Geras said: zapdbf   i have a sony kp-51ws500. i get the blue screen we have switched the blue redneck with red an got a red screen,we also checked voltage on cn7303 and got 200v we could not find the blue adjuster but after we put every thing back to original position we still get blue screen then shuts off with 5 blinks? you also said it could be the ic7301 or a focus block?

yes, it could be the driver ic, it is the only one on each  neck module, also just turning down the blue may fix, the focus block is the black box under the front cover with the 6 pots on it. try adjusting the blue screen up and down. if you can't adjust it at all the focus block may be malfunctioning.

Connect With Techlore