wireless camera to an Ipod

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
grabbyzz
wireless camera to an Ipod

I have a small wireless camera that I want to hook up in the babies room and was wondering if it is possible to view it thru a video Ipod or similar player?

Matt Whitlock
I don't know of any way to

I don't know of any way to stream live video from a wireless camera to an iPod Video unit. The iPod Video has no Wi-Fi or other way to keep it connected to your source. Then again, there are 8 billion different iPod accessories and I don't know them all. If one is made to aid in this purpose, I'd love to know about it.

From the sound of it, you're trying to set up a video baby monitor. And while you're iPod may not work as the remote viewer, there are several other ways to do this. Some ways even allow you to view the camera from anywhere in the world! I'd be happy to tell you about a few of them if interested.

grabbyzz
Thx, I would love to hear

Thx, I would love to hear about other ways.  I just cant buy alot of stuff so I am looking for cheap and easy ways....

Matt Whitlock
I have some thoughts, but on

I have some thoughts, but on a budget it's going to be tricky... depending on what hardware you may already own.

Let's start with the easiest approach. What kind of cell phone do you have? Or, do you happen to have a PDA? 

grabbyzz
Right now i just have a

Right now i just have a motorola v12.  I don't have a pda. 

Matt Whitlock
Hmmm... no help there. Do you

Hmmm... no help there. Do you want to monitor it from a handheld device or would a notebook computer suffice?

grabbyzz
Either from a handheld device

Either from a handheld device or on my desktop would work too

Matt Whitlock
I'd probably need to know a

I'd probably need to know a little more about the cam you intend to use, but I'm thinking you may be able to use a Slingbox to view your camera from any remote notebook or desktop computer. You can also view it on a good variety of smartphones or PDAs. Again, it depends on the cam you have. Can you give me the brand and the model number?

Connect With Techlore