50" panasonic projection tv

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buchanan
50" panasonic projection tv

I have a 50 inch panasonic projection tv and I just replaced the 2 ic's in it I hooked everything back up and plugged it in.  I turned it on but after a few second it turned itself back off.  Can anyone give me any help on what is going on now.  I did not get any picture when I turned it on.  If anyone has any ideals please help.

Thanks,

Buchanan

MOtvGuy
Repairman error.  You either

Repairman error.  You either don't have something hooked up right, have a connector in the wrong place or a connector missing or you did a poor solder job and have bridged some connectors creating a short OR you had a solder splash fall someplace else on the board and is creating a problem shorting another circuit out.

Good luck, self created problems can be tough to track down.  

zapdbf
I agree, it is not normal to

I agree, it is not normal to have a tv with more than one problem. Although i have ran across a few cases where a set will have multiple problems, but it usably is like pealing back an onion, once you fix one problem and get that problem working, another one is uncovered. I had one in here the other day that had 4 separate problems. that was a record for me. It was  20 year old set though. I think the customer just lived with the problems, until it finally died, then sent it in to be fixed.

Buchanan
Thanks for the comments I

Thanks for the comments I have double checked and everything seems to be hooked up correctly, and I can not find any solder spashes anywhere on it.  I even took the board to a tv repair guy and he checked it out, he replaced four resistors and checked all of the solders.  One of the solders on the ic had to be bridged, but he said that everything else looked good.  I came back home with it and installed it, but when I turn it on it comes on and then turns itself back off.  Do you have any ideal what it could be.

Thanks

Buchanan

Connect With Techlore