Vizio repair?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
fixer
Vizio repair?

I have a P50HDM. While watching the TV, I heard a loud pop and the picture went out for a few seconds but then came back on. The picture is working but when I turn set on the picture slowly populates the screen and when it is supposed to display black, it is "snowy". I believe from the sound and from some articles that I've read that it is a capacitor. There are no visible signs of failure on the boards so I need some help in detecting the source of the problem.

MOtvGuy
My company services Vizio but

My company services Vizio but unfortunately,  there are no parts available for the P50HDM other than the main board.  The rest of the boards on that set are considered part of the PDP panel and aren't available seperately. 

918jason
I have the same tv with the

I have the same tv with the same problem, but i didn't know how it got that way.  A loud pop is most likely a blown capacitor.  I'll try to get mine apart this weekend and get back to you with any findings.

warged
No doubt it is a Cap on the

No doubt it is a Cap on the power board, replacing the board should fix it.

George R
Do you guys know of any Vizio

Do you guys know of any Vizio repair guys here in California specifically in the Inland Empire area? I had the same problem, we have a P50HDM too and we heard a loud pop and the screen went blank and did not come back back, Please Help

california
VIzio is the worst tv rating

VIzio is the worst tv rating and they won't acknowledge the most common problem on their product. I search the web after my 42' tv took a dumb after 15 months. It is VERY COMMON the motherboard goes out that soon and it cost just as much to repair it to get a new one. If I were vizio I would satify the customers and fix it no cost due to high volume of this complaint. No istead we deal whit RUDE people from the vizio who DONOT stand by their produt. It si all about how we can screw people into buying a very BAD product that costs alot and dies after 15months. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VIZIO AND WILL PUT A SIGN ON THE MAIN ROAD OF OUR AREA NOT TO BUY VIZIO AND WHY TRUST US THIS WILL REACH MANY PEOPLE IT IS A MAIN HWY. MY RATING ON A VIZIO FROM 1 TO 10 AND 1 BEING THE WORST IS 1. CUSTOMER SERVICE 1 TO 10 IS ALSO 1. JENNIFER NEEDS TO GET A NEW JOB. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO LISTEN INSTEAD OF INTERRUPTING AND SAYING YOUR WARRENTY IS UP. NOTHIGN WE CAN DO. JENNIFER THERE IS ONE THING I CAN DO PUT SIGNS ALL OVER OF YOU FRAUDLENT PRODUCT BREAKING DOWN AFTER 15 MONTHS JUST WATCH US!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbone07
my son broke my 42" plasma tv

my son broke my 42" plasma tv. Can this be repaired? If so how much am i going to spend?

dbone07
can you repair a broken

can you repair a broken screen on a plasmia tv?

lorenzo0415
I have a 37 vizio, has no

I have a 37 vizio, has no sound, no picture but backlight is on, can any one have any idea to fix it? Thank you

lorenzo0415
I has a 37 vizio. with no

I has a 37 vizio. with no picture, no sound but backlight is on, can anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thank you

XRDS
For the P50HDM with poping

For the P50HDM with poping sound , it's probably a problem with the y/z board , the boards on lateral . They are replaceable and Vizio are replacing them , they are not considered part of the panel as stated by MOtvGuy .

The 37

XRDS
The 37" with backlight and no

The 37" with backlight and no video may be fixed by reseating the connectors of the cable that goes from the mainboard to the top part of the panel , under the metalic shield . They have problems with those . If this doesn't work it's probably a mainboard problem

mike brown
On tuesday im sitting around

On tuesday im sitting around watching tv and i hear a ting noise out of my 37 flat screen vizio and in the right bottom corner it looks like its cracked!! I only get the top half of the screen in picture!! The bottom is got a bunch of lines thru it cant make out picture! Can this be repaired easy or what would cause this?

john914
i have a 37" inch vizio, with

i have a 37" inch vizio, with no sound or picture, and no backlight showing through the back.
someone told me it could be the mainboard that needs replacing and not the power board because the vizio light on the front will light up when i press power... i just have to unplug it to shut it off

BW312
I do not post on forums much

I do not post on forums much and may be putting this in the wrong place but here it goes anyway. I have a Vizio VT420M LCD TV with no picture or sound when I turn it on. The Vizio at the bottom of the tv turns from amber to white, as it usually does when you turn it on, but that is it. The tv DOES turn on/off with the remote, or power button. I say this because it seems that 99% of everyone who has similar problems say they have to unplug their tv's to get them to turn off. Only one post out of the zillion others I have read on other sites listed the same exact problem as I am having. That person said they had a friend who was a Vizio repairman who told him the problem was with the power inverter board. He said he replaced this part and now his tv works like new. Is anyone on this site familiar with the exact symptoms I am having? No sound or picture, but Vizio light changes from amber to white when I push the power button indicating there is power? If it is the inverter, where do i find it on the back of my tv? I know there is the power supply and main board. Is the inverter the small board at the top with the metal shield over it? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I am getting frustrated with the other sites. Some say to replace the power supply, while others say the main board is the problem. Some describe how to check the capacitors, fuses and whatnot, with an ohm meter. I don't have an ohm meter and am not an electronics/electical type of guy, but i can replace the boards if they are bad. HELP!!!!

Connect With Techlore