Windows Mobile Emails - Sent messages, why?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kabari
Windows Mobile Emails - Sent messages, why?

Ok, So the phone is the [*cough*] Tmobile Shadow and it runs Windows Mobile 6. I have it synced to a Gmail account and it works fine, however it retrieves the sent emails as well as received. So, when I send an email from my laptop 5 mins later the phone goes off telling me I have a new message, which is the one I just sent.

Is there any way to turn this off by only retrieving the inbox messages?

Also, I see that the protocol it is using to get messages is "recent:[email protected]". So if there is a separate one that I should change it to, since "recent" is the automatic one, that might solve the problem!

Thanks!
Matt Whitlock
This problem isn't related to

This problem isn't related to Windows Mobile 6, and is actually a function of Google Mail as it relates to how it handles sent messages so that all messages you send through the Gmail interface are downloaded to your mail client. In short, it doesn't matter what mail program you sync to, you'll receive any sent message as a new item in your inbox.

Sent messages will appear as sent from you, so in my case I have a custom filter to put all those in my sent folder as they're downloaded. You should be able to set up a similar filter in Outlook Mobile, but there's nothing you can do about sent items being downloaded unless you switch your e-mail handler to a different service.

kabari
hmm, ok! I'll see if I can

hmm, ok! I'll see if I can find something like that on the device... I also found this tidbit on Gmail's help section:

Gmail POP will only download once, but you can used the recent command to get the last 30 days emails. For all other POP clients, replace '[email protected]' in your POP client settings with 'recent:[email protected]'

kabari
Ok, I tried the filter thing,

Ok, I tried the filter thing, and apparently that doesn't work on this phone unless I'm syncing to Outlook.

Connect With Techlore