60 inch magnovox

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
bgn
60 inch magnovox
60 inch magnovox projection Model# 9p6040 c102

My TV is about 8 years old it started when I turn on the set the image tends to shrink and expand for about 1 to 2 minutes then I would get a full picture, after about 2 weeks picture would shrink & expand then sometimes go black if I turn off and on a few times tv would warm up and get full picture now 3 weeks later I turn the tv on & hear a click but no picture or sound  What would cause this and is it something I can do myself if so about how much should I expect to spend. Any help would be great thanks.
zapdbf
I know this problem. It is a

I know this problem. It is a bad opto coupler i thinkit is ic 705 on the large signal pannel.  i am not a t work now, i can check it tomarow for sure.  But it is in that feedback circuit to the switch mode power supply.

fankiej
Is this something I could fix

Is this something I could fix myself or would I need to take it in & have the work done.

zapdbf
Can you solder, and are you

Can you solder, and are you comfortable working around high voltages even when the set is unplugged. If so you can do this yourself. if not then take it to a pro.

fankiej
I can solder and dont have

I can solder and dont have any problem working with wiring. Did you have a chance to check to see if the opto coupler is ic 705 and if it is where can I get one? thank you for your help!

zapdbf
on that one there are three

on that one there are three of them, any one of the three could be causing this the ref numbers are

7413 pn - 933894150682,7406 pn - 933894150682, 7412  pn 932210514682

primarily it is 7412 that will fail but replace all three. If you still have problems it can be either the hot side controller or the cold side controller,   7402 p/n 932211676682 and/or 7410 p/n 932211912682.

I make kits up for the field techs, to carry with them. and this usually will fix that problem. this design prevails through many models, the ic705 is on a different model with the same design. Phillips dropped the "ic" designation on the newer versions of this board. 

fankiej
Thank you for the information

Thank you for the information. If you make kits up do you sell them, or do you know where I can find the parts I need? I pulled the back off the tv & found all 5 parts do I have to pull the whole board off to get to the back side or do they just snap in and out of the board? thanks again for all your help!

zapdbf
the parts are solderd in, and

the parts are solderd in, and you will need to remove the board, try the www.partstore.com they will probily have what you need. i did not check specificly but they usaly will have it.  Be carefull of charged caps possiable voltage on that board when working on it.

Connect With Techlore