52"RCA HDTV converge problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jbd
52"RCA HDTV converge problems

I have a 52"RCA HDTV Projection TV model#HD52W59 it has a distorted picture and when i go to setup the Converge option doesn't appear at all in the menu, When I first got the TV it was there and I even used it and when the color of the pictures went way off I called the RCA people but they said that a technician had to check it for sure because that would be a big problem if it doesn't appear. If anyone has a suggestion for me please let me know.

justin nichols
The first thing to try on

The first thing to try on this TV with a convergence issue is to replace fuse FL321 (.4A 125v) and resolder the flyback. I think that fuse feeds the standby voltage for the convergence board's power supply. That fuse is beside the flyback transformer on the deflection board.

ghedrick
For Justin Nichols

For Justin Nichols

I have this same problem - only the set is P52923 with PTK195 chassis.

There appears to be no FL321 fuse (no fuse at all) just right of the flyback.
Does the PTK195 have a similar fuse somewhere else?

ghedrick
for justin nichols

for justin nichols

I have the "3D" / "missing convergence from menu" problem on a P52923 with PTK195 chassis.

The PTK195 appears to have no FL321 fuse, or any other fuse, just right of the flyback.

There seems to be many people with this "3D / convergence missing from menu" problem. Most mention the FL321 fuse and re-soldering the flyback. But I cannot find a similar fuse on the PTK195 - is there one & where is it?

justin nichols
Your TV is an older model

Your TV is an older model with a different deflection board. The first thing I'd do Is check for voltage coming from the convergence power supply. There is a resistor on the convergence board that will sometimes burn up and cause this problem as well. look for a 1-2 watt resistor that looks burned towards the back of the convergence board. I've also seen driver transistors in one of the convergence amps go bad. Sometimes you can test this by unplugging the yoke (convergence side) from each color one at a time and testing. What's happening is the deflection board isn't seeing the convergence board for whatever reason. I may have an extra convergence board and power supply floating around for this chassis. hope this help

Note: check r19233 on the convergence board, it should read 15k.

Connect With Techlore