Philips Projection TV sound no picture

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
exportrus1
Philips Projection TV sound no picture

Hello, I have a Philips 60pp9363H/17 projection TV that has sound but no picture. I received it for free from a neighbor that was moving and all he told me was that it went out about a week before he moved and was just going to dump it. I do see the channel and volume show up on the screen but that's it. The audio is fine. Any idea's. Thanks for any help.

zapdbf
Ok, you see the on-screen

Ok, you see the on-screen display? can you bring up the menu ?

kala
I don't have a remote. Do I

I don't have a remote. Do I need a remote to get to the menu?   The only buttons I have on the TV itself are the channel, volume, power and a button that says source select. When I hit the source select it just runs me through the AV1 through AV5 and something that says CVI. When I hit the channel changer I can see all the channel numbers changing. Same when I hit the volume control on the tv itself, i see the volume line go up or down and hear the audio. Thanks for your responce zapbf.

zapdbf
When you put video and audio

When you put video and audio into the jacks you can;t see any picture or hear any sound? if you go to the tunner do you hear the static or sound ?

kala
Hi Zapdbf,

Hi Zapdbf,

I connected my DVD player and still the same results, good audio no picture. 

zapdbf
If this is the tv with the

If this is the tv with the ssb pannel it probibly is bad, i don't have access to the manuals today. i will check on monday. if it is that board is not repairable, and can cost about $300.00 ish .

kala
Thanks Zap, I'll be looking

Thanks Zap, I'll be looking forward to hear from you Monday. What do you think would be a fair price, if it is this ssb panel, to have a tech come to my house and replace it or is it easy enough for me to do it.

zapdbf
Yes, this is the one with the

Yes, this is the one with the blasted ssb pannel, this pannel even after you order one may still malfunction, i have had to oder upto 4 to finaly get one that works right. the problems will be varous with these boards, when you get a replacment, the one you got may solve your inital problem but it may have another problem. Sorry to tell you this but this is a very troubled board.

the part number is 3135 037 10811 - i can't gaurentee it will fix your tv, just that i know i replace allot of these.

the parts store has it for 169

http://www.partstore.com/PartSearch.aspx?PartNumber=3135+037+10811+&x=14&y=13

zapdbf
imo - it is the worst piece

imo - it is the worst piece of engennering phillips has done!

kala
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP ZAP.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP ZAP. IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS MAY BE MORE TROUBLE THAN IT'S WORTH. DO YOU THINK IT MAY BE WORTH CALLING A TECH OUT OR SHOULD I JUST DUMP THIS TV?

zapdbf
If you can get it to work for

If you can get it to work for the price of that board i think it is worth it, since you got it for free. i think it would be a good tv once it is fixed. Again it was bad engeneering but if it works, it works fine. The board is very easy to replace yourself it is very small fits into the palm of your hand.

kala
OK ZAP, I'LL ORDER IT. I HOPE

OK ZAP, I'LL ORDER IT. I HOPE IT COMES WITH THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKED OUT. IT WILL BE A WHILE SINCE IT SAYS THAT IT WILL BE SHIPPED OUT IN 4 TO 6 BUSINESS DAYS. THANKS AGAIN.

notech2011
Zap I have a similiarproblem.

Zap I have a similiarproblem. I got this tv from my neighbor, fixed the conveyence chips and resistors worked good for 1 year now all of the sudden it stopped working sound works, but I hear a constant cliking noice like it wants to start the video but it cant any ideas?

notech2011
zap. I have a similiar

zap. I have a similiar problem. my tv was working fine and all of a sudden we turned it off and the video does not work. sound works but it makes a constant clicking noice like it wants to start the video but it cant. any advise. MODEL OR MOTHER BOARD is 60pp9202/17f. thanks.

Andy.TMF
Philips 60pp9363h/17 power

Philips 60pp9363h/17 power button lights up but no picture or display also there is a chirping from lower right side (looking from backside)

Beth fuller
my philips 55PP9363H/17 looks

my philips 55PP9363H/17 looks like i am watching 3D, how do you aline the colors, we tried adjusting the colored bulbs, tried adjusting the focus ect, come kind close but its still red and green like 3D plus i dont have a remote... please help!!!!!

evil
Your convergence integrated

Your convergence integrated circuit has most likely failed. Now that you have adjusted things that you didn't need to,even if you replace the convergence chips it will be very difficult to realign it.

Connect With Techlore