sony trinitron, model kv-27s40, ser. a826790 wont turn on

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
chris1234
sony trinitron, model kv-27s40, ser. a826790 wont turn on

When I push the power button(remote or tv) the only things that happen are: I hear the click and the standby light flashes.I hope you can help.

zapdbf
The flashing should be a

The flashing should be a repeating code count the flashes and let me know the number is.

wally
Ok, it started out with: 3,4

Ok, it started out with: 3,4,1 annd then 4 repeatedly

zapdbf
4 blinks is a vertical

4 blinks is a vertical deflection error. There are many possable repairs for this, without troubleshooting the tv it will be difficult to get a firm fix, But the most common failure would be the vertical output ic. - ic541 before the set has a chance to go into shutdown (within the first few seconds) with a dvm, check pin 2 of ic541  for 13 v. if it is missing you could have an open r562  .47 ohm fusable resistor also.

Since this voltage is  developed from a winding off of the flyback, you could have problems in your horizontal circuit as well, but usaly you will get a horizontal error, but i have seen some times a vertical error will be triggered. but i don't want to explore this now becaue it is less common.

zapdbf
I have a schematic for every

I have a schematic for every sony, but it is through there portal, and by our contract i cannot share the schematic. i work for an authorized sony repair center. I am the senior tech just trying to help people in the evenings. By our contract with sony i cannot give you the service manual - Sorry.

flyguyeli
zapdbf said: 4 blinks is a

zapdbf said: 4 blinks is a vertical deflection error. There are many possable repairs for this, without troubleshooting the tv it will be difficult to get a firm fix, But the most common failure would be the vertical output ic. - ic541 before the set has a chance to go into shutdown (within the first few seconds) with a dvm, check pin 2 of ic541  for 13 v. if it is missing you could have an open r562  .47 ohm fusable resistor also. Since this voltage is  developed from a winding off of the flyback, you could have problems in your horizontal circuit as well, but usaly you will get a horizontal error, but i have seen some times a vertical error will be triggered. but i don't want to explore this now becaue it is less common.

I have the same issue.  The KV-27S40 is  ~8 years old.  Is it worth spending the $$ to repair it or would I be better off to wait until I can afford to buy a big-screen HDTV?  Armed with only the "4 blinks" knowledge, can you give me a ballpark estimate of repair cost?  (I live near Allentown, PA) 

zapdbf
That is difficult, because

That is difficult, because the solution i proposed above is more of a trouble-shoot than a firm fix, it all depends on what the tech finds, but the problem i am indicating above would not take long to fix if. if it turns out that you have a vertical shorted, i would say their min charge ours is 1 hour, plus mabe 20-30 in parts, but i can;t say for sure, it may cost more and need to be at a higher cost depending on the problem.

Mikki
I'm having the same problem,

I'm having the same problem, EXCEPT mine is blinking 2, 2, 2....  Is it worth fixing?  Is it something I could fix myself?  Right now it's sitting in the floor and really neeidng to get something done with it.  I appreciate any help...thanks in advance!

dave s
Hello, i would be very happy

Hello, i would be very happy if you could provide me with information on what type of error does 11 times blink indicate?

model: sony trinitron kv-29ls30k

thank you very much in front!

dave s
Hello, i would be very happy

Hello, i would be very happy if you could provide me with information on what type of error does 11 times blink indicate?

model: sony trinitron kv-29ls30k

thank you very much in front!

Prosperity Mwanza
When i turn on my TV it goes

When i turn on my TV it goes to stand by then shuts off. cqn you tell me what to do.

Prosperity Mwanza
what do I do if when I turn

what do I do if when I turn my tv on it turns to stand by and shuts off

Prosperity Mwanza
what can I do my tv goes

what can I do my tv goes standby them shuts off

audiotx
KV14LM1B flashing lamp 11

KV14LM1B flashing lamp 11 times - any advice welcome on which board to look for faulty component Thanks

shaundnhb
I was playing a cd through my

I was playing a cd through my DVD to TV. TV just cuts off. When I tried to put it on nothing came on. screen is blank. The standby light blinks once or twice then went off. As I was observing this I listen to the sound - it was making a clicking sound. My techincian came and diagnose the problem as the flashback went bad and is damage and I need to replace it.\r\n
I was in the process of acquiring the flash back number to purchase a flashback from an outlet in my location Guyana. Another person who also service TVs asdvise me not to buy a flashback since he said nothing was wrong with the one I have. Now who to believe him or my techician.
He said even if your flashback went bad I would only get to purchase a copy and that would not work for a 27inch TV like mine only a 19inch. At that point he said if that was the case you might as well buy a new TV. But this he said is not the case since nothing was wrong with the flashback.
this other service man told me after speaking with my techician than my techician does not understand that to service Sony TV he needs to have knowledge of the blink codes before he can diagnose the problem.
Please advise me what could be the problem and whch one of these techicians is the real deal to carry and service.
Thanks

shaundnhb
I was playing a cd through my

I was playing a cd through my DVD to TV. TV just cuts off. When I tried to put it on nothing came on. screen is blank. The standby light blinks once or twice then went off. As I was observing this I listen to the sound - it was making a clicking sound. My techincian came and diagnose the problem as the flashback went bad and is damage and I need to replace it.\r\n
I was in the process of acquiring the flash back number to purchase a flashback from an outlet in my location Guyana. Another person who also service TVs asdvise me not to buy a flashback since he said nothing was wrong with the one I have. Now who to believe him or my techician.
He said even if your flashback went bad I would only get to purchase a copy and that would not work for a 27inch TV like mine only a 19inch. At that point he said if that was the case you might as well buy a new TV. But this he said is not the case since nothing was wrong with the flashback.
this other service man told me after speaking with my techician than my techician does not understand that to service Sony TV he needs to have knowledge of the blink codes before he can diagnose the problem.
Please advise me what could be the problem and whch one of these techicians is the real deal to carry and service.
Thanks

icedtea
My TV keeps blinking 2, 2, 2.

My TV keeps blinking 2, 2, 2.... Is it worth fixing? Is it something I could fix myself? Right now it's sitting in the floor and really needing to get something done with it. I appreciate any help...thanks in advance!

Connect With Techlore