RCA big screen D52w19

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
dj229
RCA big screen D52w19

The RCA D52W19 is blinking three times and goes back off . Looking for the fix info... Thanks dj229

bkassinger
I HAVE A 52" RCA D5W20 AND
I HAVE A 52" RCA D5W20 AND MINE WAS DOING THE SAME THING EXACTLY...I CALLED THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM AND THEY CAME PICKED IT UP FOR REPAIR SAID IT COULD BE PICTURE TUBE OR A SENSOR MAY HAVE WENT OUT .2YRS.OLD ...
MOtvGuy
The set is attempting to

The set is attempting to start and is experiencing an overload, probably in the high voltage circuit.

CRTs are common to go bad either internally shorting or coolant leakage which flows down onto the crt boards and shorts them out.

Sorry, no magic button answer for your problem.   

CubanX
Cut and paste from another

Cut and paste from another thread I answered:   

I've worked on these units.  They are prone to CRT coolant leakage.  This usually shorts the driver board and/or mainboard.  It should be obvious if it leaked coolant.  If you lucked out and only shorted the driver board those can be had for $50 new.  Replacing the coolant is a simple fix as well.  A cracked CRT seems odd.  Those things are pretty tough.  It usually leaks at the rubber seal, as if it wasn't tightened down enough during manufacturing.

The leaking coolant and resulting shorts causes the unit's electronic protective functions to kick-in and shuts down the unit.

What have you done so far?  Is there obvious signs of coolant leakage?

calam
Thank you for the reply .

Thank you for the reply .

I removed the back of the set . Thinking there would be a schematic on the back of the set . There was not one . So I have not started checking the set , I was hoping someone would have a copy of a schematic or put me in the right direction . I read your comment about crt coolent leakage  ect... that will get me started and if you can give me some more help on the fix  or where to get a schematic and or parts .  THANK YOU ! dj229

MeKathy
I have the same problem.

I have the same problem. Mines a rear projection tv. Does that even have a CRT? I'm certainly no expert especially on this type of set.

thanks

mrgart04
you would need to check the

you would need to check the LOPTX for no voltage , low voltage , or a voltage drop , also rca is known for needing new solder jobs ( one of there kits to fix is solder and solder paste)
that would be the first thing to check, LOPTX ( low output transformer ) then the solder jobs ( test for continuity thru hot components solder connections to the next connection) then check capacitors in power sec. ( DMM on highest resistance setting.) also look for protection fuses that are open , last but not least the horizontal output trans.( on a big heat sink)
whats your results?

TEE DEANS
THE 52W19/20 WILL KEEP TECHS

THE 52W19/20 WILL KEEP TECHS BUSY FOR YEARS
YOU SHOULD CHECK THE BLUE CRT BOARD AND THE YOKES
THERE ARE PARTS COMPANIES EVEN MAKING MONEY SELLING 52W19/20 YOKES NOW

shon
hate to be so late to post

hate to be so late to post this but, I just found a RCA 52w19 on the side of the road. I went to RCA's Website. They clearly state on there that when it blinks 3 times and go's off the lamp could be bad or lamp door could be open. This is on the DLP TV's. Hope it helps

http://tv.rca.com/en-us/DLPRepairGuide.html

shon
hate to be so late to post

hate to be so late to post this but, I just found a RCA 52w19 on the side of the road. I went to RCA's Website. They clearly state on there that when it blinks 3 times and go's off the lamp could be bad or lamp door could be open. This is on the DLP TV's. Hope it helps

http://tv.rca.com/en-us/DLPRepairGuide.html

wjd03
How did you get the 2 wires

How did you get the 2 wires (thick red and black) from that component to pull the board out?

Heather Smith
my hd52w19 first started

my hd52w19 first started having to push the power button for ten minutes at a time blue light comes on at the power button then turns off on its own. Now it will turn off and stay off and can't get tv to turm on.

rca guy
the set is trying to dtart,

the set is trying to dtart, rca has software built in that is such that the unit will try 3 times to start after that if no go then it will stop trying- it's called 3 strikes and you are out. this just means there is a problem with
the rest of the set but not limited to the rest, the power supply could be at fault. i have seen this symptom show up when the high voltage splitter is defective- wire from the flyback to the splitter (red 1 )if the splitter is removed and the bottom side is examined a defective 1 will have cracking in the epoxy filler. also if the flyback it-self is faulty then 3 strikes would apply
a scopes will confirm this. an over-voltage at the b+ source will prevent the unit from coming on as the result could be damage. leaky tubes will show up after a rough move as the vibration can dislodge the seals, coolant will drip down to the c.r.t. socket and be very difficult to get out, iv'e always replaces it when that happened.
cheers

cdboerner
i replaced the flyback on a

i replaced the flyback on a rca d52w 19 tv. but my daughtor took out the board and forgot where some of the wires go. do'es any one have a picture of the wires. test

HURAKANARITA
FYI Our D52W119 is doing the

FYI Our D52W119 is doing the on switch blinking thing too.. We 'warm" the on button area up with a hair blowdryer and it turns on with out the 3 blinks. Its not a permanent fix, but.... it does work. I will be calling RCA 888 515-0100

Connect With Techlore