Zenith R57W47C Projection Tv

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tazilla
Zenith R57W47C Projection Tv

Zenith R57W47C Projection tv will not power on. Any ideas?Frown

zapdbf
Need more info, any blink

Need more info, any blink codes from the front of the set? it will be a repeating pattern, Did the happen during a thunderstorm? What happened just before it went out? - some of this may or may not help but it will give us more clues

UNTAMED
Was out of town, came home

Was out of town, came home and it doesn't do anything. Nothing lights up, does nothing when you push the power button. I tried a different wall plug and checked to make sure there is power to the tv with a voltage detector.

zapdbf
That sounds like possiably a

That sounds like possiably a power surge.  Did it storm while you were gone ?

UNTAMED
Don't know, may have. There

Don't know, may have. There was a chance of rain here before I left.

zapdbf
Open up the back, and check

Open up the back, and check for a main power fuse blown(unplug tv first), that is a good indicator of a power surge, in allot of cases the main fuse will not blow on a tv unless it has had a power surge. (there are always exceptions though)

UNTAMED
Checked fuse and it is good.

Checked fuse and it is good. Frown

zapdbf
What is so strange is that

What is so strange is that you have no indicator lights or sounds at all when you try to turn on the tv. That leads me to believe you have a very basic power supply problem. Like missing standby power. this set needs to be troubleshot to find out what is going on. In order to do this properly you need a manual and a good dvm. for starters. Then plug the set in and to start with measure for the standby voltages. There will be no quick fix for this one.

UNTAMED
That's what I was affraid of,

That's what I was affraid of, any idea where I can get a manual?

zapdbf
Try zenith service, i tried

Try zenith service, i tried sams and they don't have it. http://www.zenithservice.com/

Connect With Techlore