Searching for schematics

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clemmojoe
Searching for schematics

I need to locate the schematics for a Magnovox HD2715C203 CRT tv set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clemmojoe

zapdbf
That is a 27E5 chassis,

That is a 27E5 chassis, unfortunately i am not sure if it is on paper or not. It is  in a program called force. it is not readable in any other application.What is the problem maybe i can direct you in the correct direction.

jnesci
zapdbf said: That is a 27E5

zapdbf said: That is a 27E5 chassis, unfortunately i am not sure if it is on paper or not. It is  in a program called force. it is not readable in any other application.What is the problem maybe i can direct you in the correct direction.

I lost the sound on the unit and the picture quality is still fabulous. Much too good to scrap if I can find the location of the audio output transistor which I suspect or trouble shoot the audio section. Difficult to do W/O the schematics.

Thanks

Clemmojoe

zapdbf
they use ic's for outputs,

they use ic's for outputs, Check pin 1 of ic230 for 13.5 volts, also check pin2 with a scope to see if you have audio coming in, if audio is not present  ic270 could be defective. Is this the mono version or the stereo version ? -- troubleshooting will be different if it is stereo.  

jnesci
It's stereo and I have no way

It's stereo and I have no way of knowing where IC 230 or 270 is located. I have no schematic nor circuit diagrams. I'm sure they don' have a flag on them ID'ng them.

Thanks for your comments though. 

zapdbf
yes, on the board, this

yes, on the board, this informaiton is printed next to the part right on the board.

zapdbf
yes, on the board, this

yes, on the board, this informaiton is printed next to the part right on the board.

jnesci
If I replace both IC's what

If I replace both IC's what are the chances I'll solve my problem? Just asking your qualified opinion, and do you have a source that I can buy from?

Thanks again!

zapdbf
mcm electronics is good, but

mcm electronics is good, but you need to see if the power supply is good to the output ic, but since yours is a stereo version the ic's are different, when i get into work today i will get the correct ic numbers and pins for the stereo version. If the output ic has gone bad, it could have opened up a fuse in line with the audio output ic. these fuses are usually 1 ohm flame proof resistors. or pico fuses. which look like resistors. i will check to see what kind this set uses. if it is blown then the most likely culprit is the output ic.  Again i need to look at the schematic but i believe ic270 is a surface mounted part. with about 50 pins.  if i were you i would avoid changing this part unless you have to. It takes special soldering skills to remove this part. Although i am not beyond telling you how to do this in detail, it is best not to if you don't have to. Don't use an induction type of soldering iron(the big Wellers with the trigger), this can be fatal to the other parts on the board. use a pencil type of iron.   

zapdbf
Ok this version has a stereo

Ok this version has a stereo module, the speakers are connected to this module, The output is ic760 , the power supply is on pin 5 check for about 12 volts on this pin, if it is missing, then check r760 it is a 6.8 ohm fuse resistor on the same module, if it is open then ic760 is bad and both ic760 and r760 will have to be replaced. If the resistor is not open and you still don't have sound or 12 volts  let me know and i will offer more advice. Also this module could have worked it's self loose try re-seating it.

jnesci
Great!

Great!

I'll give it a shot and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Connect With Techlore