home stereo

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
header12
home stereo

Hi: Can any one answere my question? I just bought a used Sony home theater system. Every thing works good, but the tuner does not. When I try to put a radio on the tuner does not hold it. And I try to enter after a radio station that I want. Just like this when I first put it on or turn on. It showes 87.50 and when I try to put this on 95.30 after a few secounds it goes back to 87.50. So the enter will not do a thing. How can I keep the stations on . My stereo does not have a lock button. I need help. Thanks

Mike
 I really need help with this

I really need help with this problemn.

Matt Whitlock
Check to see if there's some

Check to see if there's some kind of autoscan feature that switches memory presets after 10 seconds or so. I'd need the model number to be any more helpful.

It could also be a problem with the unit. You said you got it used? 

Mike
Matt Whitlock said: Check to

Matt Whitlock said: Check to see if there's some kind of autoscan feature that switches memory presets after 10 seconds or so. I'd need the model number to be any more helpful. It could also be a problem with the unit. You said you got it used? 

The model number is STR-K700, but I have the wrong remote. It is model number, RM-PP411. I did just look at the remote and it does not have the autoscan. And the tuner does not have the the knob where I can get any stations. But every else works fine , besides the tuner. It it used. Or maybe I need the remote to use on the stereo. Thanks

Matt Whitlock
Hi Matt (great name by the

Hi Matt (great name by the way!) :-)

I don't think you're entering the station frequencies correctly. It shows the numbers you enter but won't change because I don't think you're entering the full number and pressing enter. After a few seconds, it clears your remote commands and displays the original station. And yes, you do need the remote in order to do this.

No worries though, Sony receivers and ease of use don't normally go together.

If you want to directly tune to a station, follow these instructions:

1. Go to the tuner input

2. Press D.Tuning on the remote

3. Enter the station freq in full format, example 103.5 needs to be entered as "103.50"

4. Press ENTER

That should get you going. If this answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer" underneath this comment.

Connect With Techlore