click to dvd sony help

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
ev fili
click to dvd sony help

i   have a sony viao  which has  click to dvd  where you  can take analog vcrs connect it to the  pc and make a  dvd if you  know what your  doing  and  when i chat with  sony  on line  they dont help  at all .  have click to dvd 2.4 if someone is  familar with  it

ty  evKiss

dkknght2
Hi EV

Hi EV

Try going to this link http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-tutorials.pl?mdl=VGCRA840G. while the link refers to my desktop it does give you a tutorial on how to use click to DVD. Basically it is a very simple progam that allows you to import your video and then do simple editing and titles.

I hope thats helpful

Rotab
dkknght2 said: Hi EV Try

dkknght2 said: Hi EV Try going to this link http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-tutorials.pl?mdl=VGCRA840G. while the link refers to my desktop it does give you a tutorial on how to use click to DVD. Basically it is a very simple progam that allows you to import your video and then do simple editing and titles. I hope thats helpful

thank you for the help but  i need someone  who  knows  how to do it

sony  help  pages  are no  help

dkknght2
I do use the program, what

I do use the program, what kind of problems are you having with it? Also what is your computer model number? if you can give me breif description of what you want to do i might be able to give you more info on how to accomplish that.

Rotab
dkknght2 said: I do use the

dkknght2 said: I do use the program, what kind of problems are you having with it? Also what is your computer model number? if you can give me breif description of what you want to do i might be able to give you more info on how to accomplish that.

hi  dkknight  

i have a  vcgrb45g and i need  baby steps  how to hook up the  vcr  with analog with  red yellow and white wires and  make a  dvd 

i have  no i link and  on the  screen i dont seem  to be able  to  click on the  red yellow and white to  stay put  and  i dont know if im  explaing  it right  but i want to make old  vcr tapes into  dvd

dkknght2
Ok Im going to try and go

Ok Im going to try and go slow for you so it hopefully all makes sense to you.

First on the back of your VCR tou should have some rca plugs usually they are yellow(video) Red (right Audio) and White (left Audio) thts if its stereo. you want the corresponding cords hooked into the output on the VCR. On the computer in the back you have the same kind of inputs so the cord should go from the out on the VCR to the IN on the computer (only one set of these on your computer. then make sure the tape you want to record from is in the vcr and it is on.

Next you want to make sure you have a blank DVD in your dvd burner.

If your computer is on you want to go to your VAIO media servers and make sure they are started. Here is instructions how to do this.

1.     Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to VAIO Media, point to Server Administrator, and click VAIO Media Console. 2.     In the VAIO Media Console window, on the Start and Stop the Servers tab, click the Start All button. NOTE: Some versions of the VAIO Media™ server software will have a Start button 3.     Click the OK button.

Ok now start the click to DVD software and you shoud see the Analog inputs on the left hand side underneath the I link highlight the circle to select it.

Then select a theme from the right and enter a title where it says DVD title.

Personally I use edit mode as i think its easier if you want to use this click on the box that says edit mode to the right. this allows yo to do more editing rather than just capture or you can hit play on the VCR and just hit capture.

If you do edit mode click the box/ make sure analog is selected/set capture length to manual control then click capture. it will bring in the video and break it into 10 minute segments down on the bottom of the screen. when its done you can look at the video and do some basic editing and titling.

So lets see if that helps you to get started and you can send me more questions as you need help.

I hope thats a bit easier for you let me know,

Dk

Rotab
Hi  Dk   thank you so much  I

Hi  Dk   thank you so much  I  will try  to  do this in the morning  and make sure everything is hooked up  right  its  12 20  in the night  now. 

I  read it  a  few times what  you  wrote  and I  will start it tommorow. 

Thank you  so much . 

Should the  viao  media center  be  set   in

a special way like to the  tv  or  something. 

I also  want to  do the edit  mode  like  you do it   but  when i  went to  the choice of  analog  or  the other link. there was no choice.   on the bottom of  the  screen it  says on the left hand  side  it says   hd    and a few other choices .Which one do i hit.

anyway  thank you  so  much I  will let you know how  i do.  I am so happy  you are helping me.

thank you again   ev

dkknght2
No on the vaio media you just

No on the vaio media you just want to go to server administrator and make sure that it is turned on. thats why your AV input would not show. Also you have to have the cords hooked up and ready for it to show up as well. On the bottom just leave it in video mode.

Rotab
hiiiiiiiiiii   I got  to 

hiiiiiiiiiii   I got  to  vaio media console  but there is no  number   2 in the  start and stop the  server

there is  status of the  server  and a box that  says  started  then there is  a start box  grayed out  and a  stop box   there is  no start  3   anyway 

i found the  window lol   so at least i know how to find it

anyway  i  also went to  dvd  and i hit the  analog  circle it lit  up then i put in  a title and then i hit edit  and i got the next  screen and   the analog button  dissapeared  and the  i link  is there 

I wish i could call you    ev

Rotab
Dk

Dk

On the first  click to dvd  screen  there is a  sign  that  says  before  creating a dvd  connect the camera to the computer  or inser the media  where the pcitures  are sved to the computer

and i have the  vcr plugged in

then i  again clicked on  the analog  plug  and  its on video  like you said  then i hit   edit

and the next screen  the  analog plug  dissapeared  again  lol

Surprisedev

dkknght2
Also make sure the blank DVd

Also make sure the blank DVd  is in the computer

Also there is no number 2 in the vaio media server I just numbered the steps for you so just make sure they are turned on.

Rotab
lol  i  am  really  slow     

lol  i  am  really  slow                          anway  it  says  started and there is  a stop button   so i guess its  turned on.  lol.

and  i  also  checked  and now i put in a  blank  dvdrw in the  top  slot  on the  vaio  and im not getting the sign  to make sure  its connected anymore . 

and  everything  looks good until  i went to the edit button  then  on the next  screen  ii am back to  the i link  again 

i tried to put my email address in  my profile and it didnt take  and then i tried to put it in here and it got red  so i guess its  a no no.

also my icon by the clock has dissapeared it used to have click to click there  always i dont know where it  went

thank  you again for your patience with me  ev

dkknght2
No prob.You might try to

No prob.You might try to reboot that may fix your clock. Maybe since it works when your not going to edit just try and create DVD from the main menu. Click to DVD makes an image of your video before it burns it to a DVD so after its in you can pull up the file and edit it that way. I dont know why your not getting the analog inputs in edit mode. You also might try going to vaio.com/support .put in your model number and downlad any click to dvd updates that are there in the updated software section. then give it another try

Rotab
my clock is  fine

my clock is  fine

the  click to dvd  icon dissapeared not the clock  it used to be near it.

you know    about   6 months  ago the click to dvd  worked  almost and i got  a  30 min  dvd

I never  got  a  vaio  update.  dvd or  otherwise   I reallly dont know  how.

do  you have a click to dvd  icon next to your  clock

I just rebooted  and its still not  there

do you also have  click to dvd  2.4  if its not to much trouble  maybe  you could  just tell me when i get on the first  screen what  exactly and in what order  i should  click  things i think i do it right and then in the second screen  it turns into an  i   again

ty ty ty  ev

thank you again

dkknght2
No, I didnt put the click to

No, I didnt put the click to dvd on my start menu I just have an icon on my desktop. that should not make any difference though they both just open the program. I have the vaio servers set to start whenever I log onto my computer so they are always on. When I open click to dvd and I have updated to version 2.5.32. that might be why your having a problem as a driver might have been updated. in any case when i open the program i make sure I am hooked up with my analog cords and a blank is in the drive. then I just click on edit mode on the right side and i have both the i link and the analog showing. I figured out the vaio servers had to be started to show that analog input by playing around and reading the program help file on the top bar next to controls. Anyway, I click on analog and then it gives me a choise of S video front or back inputs as my computer is a little different from yours and i have 2 sets. Still that should not make any difference. then on the right hand side i click manual contol and on the drop down box underneath i chose 4MBPS (max 120 mins) i hit play on my vcr and then click capture on my program. it plays the tape and captures the video breaking it into ten minute segments on the bottom of the program. then after its all captured i go in and edit scenes. thats the most time consuming part. then i add titles and menus and burn. poof its all done. i sometimes have glitches whn it burns but very rare.

Rotab
hiiiiiiii   I went to the

hiiiiiiii   I went to the sony  site  to download  the  2.5  version  and  it  says  its to solve problems with a sony  camcorders which i  dont have . so  i dont think i need it . do you.   also  i am on dial up and it  is  97 mbs so that means it would take me  6 hours  to install . thanks  still trying  ev

Sirles
Hi there'

Hi there'

I have a sony vaio desktop also and i misplaced my click to dvd disk'

so i need to know if i can get a copy of the click to dvd disk? Thanks " Sirles

Rotab
Sirles said: Hi there' I have

Sirles said: Hi there' I have a sony vaio desktop also and i misplaced my click to dvd disk' so i need to know if i can get a copy of the click to dvd disk? Thanks " Sirles

I never had a  click to dvd disk.  I wish I could  help. I dont know what it is  sorry

Smile

fanlt
I have a problem. when i

I have a problem. when i start Click to DVD 2.6, i can't Create DVD becouse: Before Creating a DVD - Connect the external device to the computer, and turn it On <== i don't understand, please help me T_T

Rotab
Hiiiiiiii

Hiiiiiiii
I have a new problem that I need baby steps for
I tried to see and edit a vcr home made tape on my sony vaio click to click dvd and it downloads the tape but I cant see what is on the screen.
I chatted with sony for over 2 hours to 3 diff reps I thought I was in twilight zone then I emailed them 3 times. No help
I get more help in here. I think I need to set up the media center to be able to see the movie.
Thanks in advance
Ema

sarah1234
For some reason, Click to DVD

For some reason, Click to DVD will not recognize my Sony HDR HC3 camcorder. I have it connected to my Sony Vaio laptop with an iLink cable, but it doesn't recognize that I have anything connected. Any thoughts / help would be greatly appreciated!

JerFink

sarah1234
For some reason, Click to DVD

For some reason, Click to DVD will not recognize my Sony HDR HC3 camcorder. I have it connected to my Sony Vaio laptop with an iLink cable, but it doesn't recognize that I have anything connected. Any thoughts / help would be greatly appreciated!

JerFink

Amalim
I have a VGN-TXN27N and it

I have a VGN-TXN27N and it has Click to DVD version 2.6 which I use a lot. Had a problem with the program and decided todo a complete recovery of the laptop. After doing this, My Click to DVD doesn't seem to want to encode avi files anymore and all I get is the message that this format is not supported. Have tried updating from the Sony website to no avail. Please help.

priyan
how can i convert my avi &

how can i convert my avi & vro file to dvd???
(click to dvd 2.6 ver)
my file are in my system itself, so i have to input the files from my
folder and create dvd. also i have to edit some scences and finalise.
onece when i input one movie(2cd) cd the dvd shows as full & also all
the clipings was displayed as upside done???????

kenji
donde puedo descargar mas dvd

donde puedo descargar mas dvd theme para click to dvd v 2.5

Pierregee
I have an older Vaio VGC

I have an older Vaio VGC-RB60G with clickto dvd software recently click to dvd stopped burning DVD discs,it will do everyother function but burn the discs..I have talk to Sony they were not able to help..Let me give you a little history..My computer did crash from a virus and I just found out recently they installed Mircosoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 service Pack 3 operating system,removing the original Mircosoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with update Rollover 2. I use Vaio recovery disc to reinstall the original Windows xp Media center wiht Click to DVD. I am wondering if the recently installed version that made a differance? Because it hasn't burned since then..Now all the other software installed works fine RealPlayer,Itunes,Windows Media Player,but Windows Media Center did stop openning now I get this ehshell.exe Net.Framework Initialization Error "To run this application,you first must install one of the following versions of Net Framework:" v1.14322.

Connect With Techlore