blinks 9 times

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul Orlando
blinks 9 times

Larry,

I have located the "g" board on the Sony TV (kp51ws520) and located the d6116 diode and the d6301 that you recommended replacing. Could you tell me were I could purchase there parts or the board. Do you have a schematic of that board, or any information that will help?

Paul

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Nine blinks - Replace D 6116
  • Nine blinks - Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error. If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or -13 (negative).  The G board part number is A-1054-157-A.  My suppliers say this board is no longer available from Sony, BUT wait!  I did find rebuilt boards available at a place called PTS electronics.  The phone number is 1-800-844-7871 Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.  Oh by the way, here are the diode part numbers and generic part numbers, and they can be purchased at www.partstore.com
  • REF. NO.      SONY PART NO.            DESCRIPTION         GENERIC PART NUMBERS
          D6116           8-719-081-97                 DIODE                       MMDL914T1  No longer available
  •  New D6116   8-719-074-43                 DIODE                       BAS316-115
          D6301           6-500-567-21                 DIODE                      10ERB20-TB5
  •  You can get these diodes from www.partstore.com

Phish
    My Sony Tv blinks 9 times,

My Sony Tv blinks 9 times, will replacing the G Board with these parts fix it. If so, how do I repair my tv using the parts?

Whoadeb
    Larry,

Larry,

Your information here is greatly appreciated by consumers!

D

Whoadeb
    I ordered parts for my Sony

I ordered parts for my Sony KP51WS520......can't wait to fix my tv.

D

Larry Dillon
    good luck and please let us

good luck and please let us know if everything worked out for you also if you could , PLEASE! take some digital shots of your repair for me from start to finish???? you can post them here for everyone as I will combine them with repair

Larry Dillon
    also if you need a service

also if you need a service manual for your set please post me on private message here your e-mail and complete model number of your set

Brad B
    Larry could you please email

Larry could you please email me the manual for a kp46wt520 ? I am having the 10 blink code...followed buy sequences of 9 blinks. I guess it could be three things...the switching regulator or either of the two diodes d6116 or d6301. You made a comment earlier I din't understand. What do you mean by the statement below...it is confusing me. Thanks a bunch for your help

Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the

Larry Dillon
    Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on

Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the G board there is a post in here that gives the part numbers also on the parts you need
    Larry

Brad B
    Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
    Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the G board there is a post in here that gives the part numbers also on the parts you need
    Larry

Hi Larry. I was confused on the troubleshootiung message below ... What does this mean when it says "do not resolder as this will fix the problem tempoary. Can you state this a different way so I understand what they mean. How do I replace 2 diodes with soldering???  Thanks

Also the Tv on button had to be pushed 3 times almost evry time when trying to turn it on in order for it to work. It toally went dead today  Is this the switching regulator that was causing this or did one of my diodes go totally out now that it will not turn on. Do you know what diode it would be out of thee two causing this problem if you suspect the diodes. Thanks a million for your help buddy !

Brad B
    Larry...i am still trying to

Larry...i am still trying to figure out the answer to the above question that I asked. Not sure how you fix a diode without soldering and what that statement means about fixing it temporary

The D6301 is a purple/black diode.

and D6116 looks like a tiny black square on the bottom of the circuit board. I thought that little thing was called a surface mount ???

Can I just desolder one leg of the D6301 purple/black diode and see if that works ??? Or can the tv catch on fire if I do that.....i saw that fix listed elsewhere and wondered if it works ???

Thank you for your help very much ! :)

Larry Dillon
    no what I meant was that when

no what I meant was that when you resolder , or resolder the diode connection that does fix your problem, But it is only a temporary fix. the right fix is to replace both of the diodes
    Larry Dillon

Whoadeb
    Sony says that I can't just

Sony says that I can't just send in my board to be repaired...that I have to go to an authorized repair place. Any advice

Larry Dillon
    you will need to contact

you will need to contact ptscorp.com get the number and call them but make sure you make them aware of the 9 blink problem

Whoadeb
    Don't try to fix this problem

Don't try to fix this problem yourself unless you are qualified....the parts are incredibly small. It is totally worth the money to send in your G-board to PTScorp and have them fix it for $125!

robbin9429
    I have a Sony 51' KP-51WS520.

I have a Sony 51' KP-51WS520. It blinks 3times and nothing comes on. Nobody sells a g board anymore because sony discontinued them. Someone please help me

Larry Dillon
    contact pts corp.com and

contact pts corp.com and explain the symptoms and you will get a very good estimate to repair/rebuild the G board.
    Larry Dillon.

Larry Dillon
    look at the post above this

look at the post above this one. read a little first and most questions will be answered.
    Larry.

tijoe
    Hi Larry I am having a

Hi Larry I am having a simmilar problem with my sony kp51ws520 with the flashing 9 time could you send me anything manual or pictures as how to related the g-boar and those 2 diodes that I need replacing, The d6301 and the d6116.

Thanks

Connect With Techlore