JVC-AV56WP74/I Art Pro

1 post / 0 new
athmpsn
JVC-AV56WP74/I Art Pro

My husband and I purchased this 56 inch rear projection tv four years ago.  We never had any problems until May of this year (07').  I called a referred service technician that charged me $85 just to diagnose that it was the IC convergence and wanted to charge an additional $400 to repair it.  At the time, I was short of funds but at least I knew what the problem was and how much it was going to cost to get it fix.  In the meanwhile, we were able to still watch the tv accept for the wave of colors going across the the top screen.  As of Sept.  I was finally able to get it fix from a technician I sought out online with more than 30 great reviews.  I told him what the problem was, gave him the part #s from the previous estimate.  He came by, put in an upgraded part for $100 less than what I was quoted.  However, I noticed the clarity of my pictures does not exist anymore.  I explained to him that was not how my picture looked prior to him fixing the convergence.  The prime examples I gave him were:  the NFL looks as though its a picture and not live.  And so does the commercials and even the news.  I explained that the Detail/Sharp adjustment does not work anymore. Not even the DVD's look the way they use to look.  How or What can I do to get that crystal clear sharp image again?

athmpsn

Connect With Techlore