Where to find 57" replacement screen?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
craigslist_addict
Where to find 57" replacement screen?

Hi, I just picked up a 57" Hitachi HDTV rear projection tv.  I know nothing about tv's at all.  The protective cover is really damaged, and the very next screen is moderately damaged but not too bad (I believe it is the lenticular because it is the very next screen after the protective cover??? band that's just from what I've found online tonight.

Who do I turn to, the piece is over 3 years old, there is no warranty...and I really just want to replace either just that actual screen, or maybe the protective screen and the one behind it if I can afford to do both.

Where do I turn, who would offer the best price...please help!  I'm clueless!

Thanks,

Nef

zapdbf
the outer screen is just a

the outer screen is just a piece of Plexiglas just get a good piece and cut it to size.  If you want to fix the lenticular screen if you can find another broken big screen tv with a screen larger than the size you need you can cut that screen down to fit. I have been in discussions about this before with other techs, although i have never personally tried to do this to the lenticular screen other techs i have talked to says that it works pretty good.

Buck Ruffr
Thanks...that definitely

Thanks...that definitely makes a lot of sense but now I have a few questions:

1. Where can I find plexiglass? Home Depot?

2. Where would you suggest I look to find a broken tv w/ its screen in tact.

3. I know if its larger than what I need I can cut it down, but can I just get the size I need?

4. And how do I put it in....do I have to take the front frame of the tv off; or can I pull out the screen and plexiglass?

5. Any of your tech friends willing to do the job? can you suggest where I could turn to find someone who could help me out....

thanks,

Clueless/Helpless

Connect With Techlore