Need help setting up new TV and DVD

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jazzmaster
Need help setting up new TV and DVD

I have a new TV (Samsung LE32R8) and DVD player (Panasonic DMR-EZ47VEB) which I need to connect to each other, to a cable box and a sony PS2.

I have no idea which links to what with which cable.

So far I have the ariel going to the DVD, with a link to the TV; and HDMi cable linking TV and DVD, a scart linking DVD and cable.

Problem is, while I can watch channels through cable through the DVD, I cannot watch the TV without the DVD being on, or access the TV channels on the TV remote.

Neither can I find the playstation.

Can anyone help?

Is it a case of just my cabling ,or should I be tuning in channels to find the connextions ?

cheers

Jaz

gulmer
What would make your life

What would make your life easeir with connections from devices to your tv would be another device added between, either an a/v swither or an a/v receiver  with the right connections that match what your devices have, like  HDMI inputs, and also the ability to upconvert the video from a component or s-video source to HDMI, or, if all your devices have the ability to connect with HDMI and send both video and audio through that one cable, then just an HDMI switcher that can send both a/v signals to your tv.

Connect With Techlore