connection

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
j.c.b
connection

i have a 62cm  plasma tv  is it possible to connect  2 dvd players to the 1 tv so ican switch from 1 dvd to the other dvd if it can be done i would like to  know how in simple terms or a diagram of how to do it would help

Matt Whitlock
Hi j.c.b,

Hi j.c.b,

I'm sure your plasma TV has multiple kinds of video inputs on the back. Multiple inputs means you can plug in multiple things.

All you need to do is connect the output of your DVD players to like inputs on the back of the TV. Your TV remote will have a button somewhere on the remote to switch inputs (selecting a different source to watch). Without knowing the hardware you have, it's tough to give you a true diagram, but you should check out this diagram from MonsterCommunity.com. It might be helpful: http://www.monstercommunity.com/artic...

Keep us posted on your progress. 

j.c.b
Matt Whitlock said: Hi j.c.b,

Matt Whitlock said: Hi j.c.b, I'm sure your plasma TV has multiple kinds of video inputs on the back. Multiple inputs means you can plug in multiple things. All you need to do is connect the output of your DVD players to like inputs on the back of the TV. Your TV remote will have a button somewhere on the remote to switch inputs (selecting a different source to watch). Without knowing the hardware you have, it's tough to give you a true diagram, but you should check out this diagram from MonsterCommunity.com. It might be helpful: http://www.monstercommunity.com/artic... Keep us posted on your progress. 

it has multiple inputs but they are taken  up with a dvd vcr combo &sat box there is one input left but if i plug in a dvd i can only get sound no pictures, i was wondering if there is any way to join the dvds together so instead of switching the tv channel just switch from one  dvd   to the other dvd with the dvd remote

Matt Whitlock
There's no way to join

There's no way to join players together. The switching will need to be done with the TV, a receiver, or an external switcher. 

Which input is left? If you've got one open, we should be able to get it to work.

j.c.b
the only plug left is for a

the only plug left is for a computer connection, whats a external switch how does that work  the external one sounds the go is it hard to setup             do you have any idea of the cost be cause iam on a pension and have to watch the dollars plus the tv is to big for me to move around by myself the last time i had to pay someone to come and set it up for me but thats to costly$80 for 10 minutes ,iam a novice at these thing but i thought i try and do it myself this time

Matt Whitlock
Check out these two articles

Check out these two articles on external video switches. They're not expensive if you shop around (like 15 to 25 bucks for a basic one), and they're very easy to set up and use. 

What To Do If You Run Out of Inputs On Your TV

Install a Video Selector

j.c.b
hi matt sorry it took so long

hi matt sorry it took so long to get back to you  i got myself a select device so now i have 2 dvds&stb connectedto the t.v so thank,s  for your advice i managed to set the whole thing up myself took awhile but i done itso once again thank,s for your helpSmile     J.C.B

Connect With Techlore