Do NOT Buy iPod Classic No Pictures

1 post / 0 new
dirtbaglocko
Do NOT Buy iPod Classic No Pictures

This could just be a complaining forum thread. Previous posts have had little feedback. And I searched high and low for a solution to my problem. I just purchased the newest generation iPod Classic 160 GB. I've loaded all my 2000+ Pictures into it along with about 60-70 GB of music. The Music plays fine. But the pictures will not show up if full view. All the thumbnails will display. But clicking to maximize the picture to full screen just makes the screen go black. I have talked to Apple support several times. They say that they have heard of the problem and sent it the software engineers. The engineers have responded saying that they can replicate the problem. Great!! But no solution. So I took it back and got another one. SAME THING!!! (Headache) The explanation I was given was that for some reason the software likes one file better than the other. Depending on different devices or programs you might have used to take the picture (Camera) or Edit the picture (software). I have never had this problem on my 5 previous iPods. My 60GB Video has all these pictures on it and works seamlessly, despite being scratched to hell. Obviously I am using the correct format. But only a small percentage of the pictures will show up. I'm talking 5-15%. Also the iPod transitions between menu's significatly slower than previous generations. The iPod is rated at 160 GB but actual space is 148 GB for your data. I would have thought that using 12 GB of memory and or spend the extra dollar on a better processor. I really hope APPLE addresses this issue. So far iPod software and iTunes Software updates have not solved the problems. On other forums there is a huge problem with the iPod freezing iTunes with all three different operating systems(VISTA, XP, AND APPLE). Although I have not experienced such a problem. Give me a shout if you are experiencing the same thing or have any insight.

Connect With Techlore