Mitsubishi WS-65613

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
scott kent
Mitsubishi WS-65613

My Mitsubishi WS-65613 stopped working the other day. The green light would only blink off and on.  I tried to hold down the menu & device button to see if it would give an error code. It did not. After checking your site, I seen where this was a common problem that usually took only 4 capacitors to replace the bulging one. I got the capacitors, and soldered them in. I still had the same problem. A TV repairman came to the house and wanted to replace two circuit boards. (700.00) He tried this and it did not correct the problem. I had him take the new boards out and replace put the old back in. He told me that it was the DM board which would cost me $800.00. Since I have already replaced the capacitors, is there anything else you would recommend looking at. Please keep in mind that I have little to no knowledge of what I am looking at, but can solder fairly well.

Scott Kent

[email protected]

zapdbf
the dm module is mostly

the dm module is mostly surface mounted components, i am a tech and i would change the dm module over trying to component level troubleshoot i don;t think it is field serviceable anyway.

Larry Dillon
I beg to differ with you my

I beg to differ with you my friend. I have a  document that shows you on both types of DM modules how to disassemble and replace the capacitors. If you would like a copy of it, leave an e-mail address and I will be more then happy to share it with you. There are times that the capacitors will leak and ruin the board, or they went bad and knocked out the source voltage on the input of the DM board.

zapdbf
Larry Dillon said: I beg to

Larry Dillon said: I beg to differ with you my friend. I have a  document that shows you on both types of DM modules how to disassemble and replace the capacitors. If you would like a copy of it, leave an e-mail address and I will be more then happy to share it with you. There are times that the capacitors will leak and ruin the board, or they went bad and knocked out the source voltage on the input of the DM board.

beyond the 4 caps on the dm board ? - i would like to see that doucument [email protected]

scott kent wrote :"I got the capacitors, and soldered them in. I still had the same problem. "

Larry Dillon
No not beyond the 4 or seven

No not beyond the 4 or seven capacitors depending on the model number. Most problems like I said are the capacitors and this fixes about 65 to 70% of the DM boards I have encountered. The remaining is a blowout from a power surge, power supply capacitors, voltage going to the DM board is low, or the microprocessor is not communicating with the DM board. I have found low b+ on the microprocessor to cause this symptom also.

zapdbf
Larry Dillon said: No not

Larry Dillon said: No not beyond the 4 or seven capacitors depending on the model number. Most problems like I said are the capacitors and this fixes about 65 to 70% of the DM boards I have encountered. The remaining is a blowout from a power surge, power supply capacitors, voltage going to the DM board is low, or the microprocessor is not communicating with the DM board. I have found low b+ on the microprocessor to cause this symptom also.

I am not trying to be adversairal to you or a problem for you, in fact you seem to have a good knowlage of our field. my reply above was based on what he said about already replacing the 4 caps. From one tech to another i think you are a good technican.

Larry Dillon
None taken my friend. None

None taken my friend. None what so ever. And thanks for the kind words. I have been in this business since RCA picture tubes were round. And TV sets had 50 tubes in them. I think dirt still had a warranty back then!?  Maybe I should have extended that warranty.

zapdbf
The  earliest tv i have

The  earliest tv i have worked on in the beginning of my career  was a hybrid between transistors and tubes. I am sure it was a Magnavox, not a Philips but an real Magnavox. The shop I worked for then only serviced Magnavox. (we use to bad mouth rca J)

teacher
zapdbf said: the dm module is

zapdbf said: the dm module is mostly surface mounted components, i am a tech and i would change the dm module over trying to component level troubleshoot i don;t think it is field serviceable anyway.

I have a Mitsubishi WT-46809, with a 2-1 fault code it is an x-ray protect mode. This problem could be the high voltage circuit, the horizontal sweep or drive circuit, bad capacitors in the power supply or the sweep supply, or the regulation in the main power supply. Would the repair you are talking about fix any of this. I am fairly good at repairing things but there are jsut so many people talking about the Dm boards and capsitors that I thought I would ask some experts their opinion. I can get a new dm board or replace the capasitors myself. The TV just went off like it was turned off and now the green light just comes on and goes off. Thanks

Larry Dillon
I am sorry, I do not think

I am sorry, I do not think this TV set has a DM board. I would have to see the schematic first. If you get one, please send to [email protected] and we can see what we can do for you. If indeed this set has a DM board, I will send you the directions for the replacement of the capacitors. Good Luck By the way, this thread should be for the model number listed. If you would like help in the future, please start a new thread with your model number, as this confuses peeps.

jswieton
Larry,

Larry,

Can u please email me the instructions.  Thank You

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send them out this

I will send them out this afternoon. Good Luck

Lrednowers
Hello, I also have the WS

Hello, I also have the WS-65613 TV was working just fine then I got this bright idea to rearrange the room.  We moved the TV and hooked everything back up with surge protector and all and low and behold blinking green light that won't go away.  Please help, my husband plays xbox and I think he might get a little upset if he can't play for too long..... My idea, my fault...... Please tell me what to do to fix this.  Thanks.

Larry Dillon
No, I seriously doubt very

No, I seriously doubt very much it is your fault. I have heard this story time after time. The capacitors in the DM were most likely on their last leg. You will need to have four capacitors inside the DM replaced first. If you are a technical type and can solder, I have directions for you to follow. If you are not that technical and do not know how to solder, call someone and see what they will charge you to come out to your house and replace four 1000 mfd @ 16 volts capacitors. Good Luck

Lrednowers
Larry Dillon said: No, I

Larry Dillon said: No, I seriously doubt very much it is your fault. I have heard this story time after time. The capacitors in the DM were most likely on their last leg. You will need to have four capacitors inside the DM replaced first. If you are a technical type and can solder, I have directions for you to follow. If you are not that technical and do not know how to solder, call someone and see what they will charge you to come out to your house and replace four 1000 mfd @ 16 volts capacitors. Good Luck

OK how much are the 1000 mfd and how or where can I get them. Pretty technical and pretty good with soldering. Thanks for the vote of confidence that this is not my fault.

Larry Dillon
I will certainly add you to

I will certainly add you to the list that is going out tonight. But I do not have an e-mail address for you.  Good Luck with the repair. Oh and there is a link on the e-mail I am sending you on where and what capacitors to get. I made it really easy for you.

Lrednowers
My email is Lrednowers

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Ernie Stewart
hi There, I also have the

hi There, I also have the infamous WS-65613 with the never ending blinking green light.  Can you send me the fix and repair manual also.  Thanks you very, very much.   My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Ernie and Lrednowers, the

Ernie and Lrednowers, the repair documents will be sent out to you all later this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

stlouisman
Hi Larry-Iposted on the wrong

Hi Larry-Iposted on the wrong thread earlier about my probs with the blinking light on the WS65613.  My kids left a Nintendo Wii plugged in and on all night. Could this cause a problem. I am very good with a soldering gun/iron and would have no problem doing my own repair if you could copy on your next email of all of this info.  [email protected].  Thanks in advance.  Ben

Lrednowers
Hello,

Hello,

I still haven't gotten any email about how to fix my TV. Could you please send it soon.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Ben, I doubt that the game

Ben, I doubt that the game causes any problems. I will send out the instructions later this morning.

Lrednowers and ernie, I will send out the information you asked for also. Must mave gotten lost!?

Tom Godfrey

Larry Dillon said: I beg to differ with you my friend. I have a  document that shows you on both types of DM modules how to disassemble and replace the capacitors. If you would like a copy of it, leave an e-mail address and I will be more then happy to share it with you. There are times that the capacitors will leak and ruin the board, or they went bad and knocked out the source voltage on the input of the DM board.

Larry, I had the same blinking light problem several times, "fixed (not for long)" under warranty.  Now I have intermittent wavy picture.  I have ws65613 (Mitsubishi), I like you to email me the DM capacitor fix please  [email protected].  Thanks.

Tom Godfrey

Larry, I had the same blinking light problem several times, "fixed (not for long)" under warranty.  Now I have intermittent wavy picture.  I have ws65613 (Mitsubishi), I like you to email me the DM capacitor fix please  [email protected].  Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Tom, the longer you wait and

Tom, the longer you wait and not replace the capacitors, the more of a chance of damaging the IC's in the DM board.  A wavy picture is for sure one of the symptoms of bad capacitors. I will send you out a copy of the repair documents as well as the factory service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

JeremyP
I am also having a problem

I am also having a problem with the blinking green light.  Can you please send me the instructions?  Thanks!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Jeremy, is this the model

Jeremy, is this the model number your looking for on the thread?

JeremyP
Yes I have the WS-65613. I

Yes I have the WS-65613. I am ordering the capacitors today.

Bighouse
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
I had the blinking light of death and you helped me fix it by changing the cap on the dm module. Eveything was working great for about 6 months and now I have a different problem. The model # is Mitsubishi WS-65613.
The new problem is that the screen goes black and I lose volume for a sec or 2 then comes back then goes out again and comes back again. When it is working the pic and sound is great. This keeps happening sometimes after an hour sometimes after five mins. Also when this happens the tv volume adjusts it's self from full to about 1/4 volume. If there is anything you can suggest or any docs you can send I would greatly appreciate it. My email is [email protected] Thanks, Jesse

davidb
I have the exact problem. I

I have the exact problem. I have replaced the capacitors and the problem remains. Anyone able to correct this problem?

Larry Dillon
David, did you make sure you

David, did you make sure you put the caps in correctly? Did you check the small white surface mounted fuses I mentioned on the solder side of the DM board? Did you install the DM back into the set without the case around it first? Then install the metal case on around the board as sometimes the connectors do not mate all the way as they are hard to see. I have seen this a hundred times after caps were replaced.

Pages

Connect With Techlore