WS55819 no picture

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
mitsws55819
WS55819 no picture

My mitsubishi ws55819 started showing the signs of a failing converge IC with the blue and red ghost on the sides of the screen.  I purchased 2 new ICs and pulled the board.  I started to replace them but found a couple broke solder joints on a couple of the legs of one IC.   I resoldered the ICs and after reinstalling the board there is no picture.  The green power light will come on and stay on and I can the static and hum from the tubes but no picture .   I have taken everything back apart and rechecked the solder connections and have rechecked all the cables.   The main fuse and the small green fuses all check good.  Any ideas on what to check next?

Larry Dillon
Change the IC's anyway. Then

Change the IC's anyway. Then you must triple check around where you solder for the smallest solder splash or solder bridge. Then you must check everything that plugs in, even if the plug or socket is no where near where you were working. If that does not work, maybe the DM board has a problem. Open it up and see if there are swollen capacitors inside. Good Luck

sdezara
Replaced the IC's.  I was

Replaced the IC's.  I was hoping that was going to resolve the problem but still not picture.   Alot of post with DM issues indicate that their sets shutdown after a few seconds. I've had it on for aleast 5 minutes.  There are no signs of swollen capacitors either.   Looks like I may have to make a visit to the repair shop Monday.   Any change you have a service manual for this set that you could pass my way.  [email protected]

ruesta
please help me with thi

please help me with thi problem i have mitsubishi ws55819 it shutdown in a second i changed the 2 ic's the reg.strf6428 on the power supply the ic4b01
the signal board oh the CODE is 2-3 (2 blink stop then 3 blinks if you have any idea was wrong please i would appreciated (SHUT DOWN IN A SECOND)

evil
No real answer Have you

No real answer Have you checked for open Resistors R5A73 82k 1/4 Watt
and 5A02

ruesta
Hi evil: sorry it's not the

Hi evil: sorry it's not the right answer i the R5A73 still have the problem i put the signal board i can check the all voltages -24 +24 the HV but no video or sound after 30 or 40 minutes it shutdown too. The CODE is 2 blinks then 3 blinks. I need help please thanks.

ruesta
I HAVE MITSUBISHI WS65819

I HAVE MITSUBISHI WS65819 WITH THE SHUTDOWN PROBLEM I CAN'T CHECK THE VOLTS BECAUSE TURN OFF IN 3 SECOND PLEASE HELP IN THIS POST MR.LARRY NOTE when i disconnect any plug of KE KH or KF i have the volts -24 +24 in D9A57 254volts i have audio but,if all plugs are connected the volts in D9a57 is : 245 volts then going DOWN to 0v and SHUTDOWN please help i changed the all boards already thanks for you help.

Connect With Techlore