10 Year old Mag Proj. Need some advice/direction...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
harleysilo
10 Year old Mag Proj. Need some advice/direction...

Hi all new here. Last night I decided to take the cover off of my 10 year old Mag t.v., hasn't been used in 2 years or so because picture got so dim and we just replaced it with a new one. So I take the cover off and astonished at how dirty-cobwebs everywhere boards covered in a 1/4 of dust/crap. After blowing off everything with my air compressor I cleaned the mirror, back of screen, and the lamps and turned it on......a sizzling noise came from the base of the blue light.....it stopped after 15 or 20 mins....hooked up the x-box and played a DVD....and have a smiley face in the screen... So what I would like to know is was this tv to abused (read that not ever cleaned or professional adjusted) to bother with me attempting to fix-er-up? Pics were taken after I blew a ton of dust off of everything, cleaned lenses, back of screen with water and paper towels.... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket what can i accomplish by adjusting this... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

harleysilo
This photo was taken with

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket This photo was taken with just the TV turned on, i.e. no source. With a DVD playing the smiley was more pink colored. I was surprised with the picture quality I should have taken a pic of the tv with DVD on....I will tonight...

harleysilo
36 views no opinions?

36 views no opinions? Someone has suggested to me that the smile is because one of the crt's is bad, sound right or wrong? Bad as in broken, not out of adjustment.

harleysilo
Not repairable I'm guessing?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Not repairable I'm guessing? Time to take it to the junkyard?

harleysilo
Would changing the fluid fix

Would changing the fluid fix the above issue? Anyone?

Connect With Techlore