Sharp LC-13B2E help

1 post / 0 new
CaroleD
Sharp LC-13B2E help

I have a 4 year old LCD Sharp LC-13B2E model with a recently developed fault. Some technical guidance would be appreciated.Thanks. When turning on the power now it stays in permenent standby (red light on, but no green). Prior to this inactivity days previously it had flickered off a few times but I brought it back to normal by flicking channels on the remote. Fault is not due to remote control batteries. No bumps/knocks have taken place. I have tested adapter which gives 12v to the circuit. There are 3 main circuit boards inside (plus 3 small ones at the top/bottom). All circuit boards look in perfect condition with no signs of burn/damage. The first board has 3 fuses, all of which have no resistance so my fuses are good. There are 26 capacitors and on 6 I can detect 12v or 5v on one side. The remainder have 0v on the multimeter. The other two boards register tiny voltages in places using the 0.1v reading on the meter but mostly no movement. What is most strange is that an electrician's screwdriver lights up on almost ALL components on the 3 boards (not consistent with the meter which reads zero in many areas) . Q1 HOW COME? Q2 If my LCD bulb has gone, would I expect to lose sound as well? Q3 As there is no physical damage to my circuits what is likely to be at fault here? Q4 What else can I test in order as process of elimination.

Connect With Techlore