What am i doing Wrong?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
carrot_tit
What am i doing Wrong?

I have a Philips SA2220 MP3 player. I've uploaded my CD files onto Windows Media Player and then used it's Portable Device Manager to copy the songs accross. They're on the MP3 player cos i can see them but they won't play. The pause symbol is next to the song so i've tried pressing the play button but it immediately reverts back to pause and if you hold the play button down it turns itself off so i'm stumped!

Anyone got any ideas?

Matt Whitlock
Did you rip the CD using

Did you rip the CD using Windows Media Player? What format? Did you make sure the copy-protection box in the rip settings wasn't checked?  Did you disconnect the player and let it do its thing before trying to play them?

Sorry for the questions back, but need to know stuff to help you figure it out. 

carrot_tit
Matt Whitlock said: Did you

Matt Whitlock said: Did you rip the CD using Windows Media Player? What format? Did you make sure the copy-protection box in the rip settings wasn't checked?  Did you disconnect the player and let it do its thing before trying to play them? Sorry for the questions back, but need to know stuff to help you figure it out. 

I copied the CD onto Windows Media Player using the copy music button it had at the top if that's what you mean by rip? I've been into the Players Options but i can't find a check box that says anything about Copy-protection but there is a box that says Enable Personal Rights Management. Is that the same thing because if it is then no i did not uncheck it. As for the disconection i followed the instructions and waited until it said i could remove the Portable device safely. Then left it a couple of minutes and turned the player back on.

The Media Player is version 7.01.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Matt Whitlock
Ohhhhh,

Ohhhhh,

Media Player 7? No wonder why you're probably having issues. What version of Windows does your computer run? Windows 98?

Wait. I can't remember all that well, but I didn't think WMP 7 had syncing capabilities. Are you sure that's the right version. Open Media Player and click on tools --> about Windows Media Player. What's the version number it gives you?

carrot_tit
My computer runs Windows ME,

My computer runs Windows ME, which the philips MP3 player is compatable with, well according to the instructions it is anyway.

It says version 7.01.00.3055 to be exact.

Connect With Techlore