Mitsubishi CS-32309 vintage 1994 Tube TV

1 post / 0 new
Kacman
Mitsubishi CS-32309 vintage 1994 Tube TV

I've inherited a 32' Mitsubishi tube TV when I purchase my new home recently.  The former owner wanted to leave it behind; now I know why!  This thing must weight 150 lbs!  The TV worked great for about a month, terriffic picture and sound, nice features.  Then it became increasingly hard to turn the tv on.  We would hit the power button and sometimes it would pop on 5 minutes later, sometimes longer.  One day we couldn't get it to turn on at all, so I pulled it out and connected the cable directly to the TV, bypassing the cable box.  I also plugged the tv into the wall directly, it had been on a surge protector.  The tv turned on, but now only produces sound, no picture, just blank.  I know the tube is still working because it will display blue screen on video mode and shows "DVD, VCR, S-Video" etc when I change functions.  I've connected DVD players and a VCR directly to the tv but receive nothing, not even sound.  I'm thinking it may be an internal tuner problem?  I don't want to attempt to haul this thing out of the house, it's a killer.  I've been into electronics since middle school and have built many gagets myself in the past, including a synthesyzer, so, I'm comfortable with a soder iron in my hands.  Any ideas how I might fix this monster?  I'd hate to trash what has been a good TV if I can repair it myself.

Thanks for any helpful hints provided!

Kacman

Connect With Techlore