Convergence Panasonic PT-53TW53G

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
carne4
Convergence Panasonic PT-53TW53G

I have a convergence problem - red is bowed up at bottom of screen. Inspired by the write-up by "Chris" I bought & replaced both STK392-110 ICs. No change. Then I noticed R7013 was burnt out - a 2.2ohm 2W resistor (the other ones associated with thes ICs are 120ohm). I understand these are "metal film fusing resistors" - where can I buy from? Does anyone have a circuit diagram or service manual or operator manual for this rear-projection TV Panasonic PT-53TW53G please? Otherwise what voltages & pins should I check for in the convergence circuits? Thanks for hosting and posting.

Larry Dillon
First off, where did you

First off, where did you purchase the IC's from?  Do they have the mane Sanyo written on them? If they do not, they are aftermarket parts or cheapo replacements from china that the manufacturers rejected.  Look at all the other rejects coming from china these days. Only makes sense to buy the right parts. Second, did you apply the heat sink compound on the back of the new IC's before you installed them?  You did? Great. OK Third thing is, no I am sorry, I do not have the service manual for this TV set, but one is available for a small fee from HERE . If you wish to use the proper IC's i suggest you go HERE to purchase them. They only use original parts and they are sold in pairs. All IC's even with the same numbers are not alike. Like I said before, if there is not the name Sanyo on them OR there is a letter T following the number, these are cheapo China IC's and will not hold up.  Good Luck with this repair,. and let us know how you make out with this repair.

carne4
I ordered a new 2.2ohm

I ordered a new 2.2ohm resistor from Panasonic and soldered it in (onto the legs of the old one, having cut away the burnt out resistor). I turned the TV on and NOW IT WORKS FINE! I proceeded to do the 'fine' convergence adjustments but could not complete this as the '0' button on my remote control does not work, due to a cracked circuit board in the remote control.

So, does anyone know where I can buy a new remote control for a Panasonic PT-53TW53G ?

zapdbf
For a quick fix on the remote

For a quick fix on the remote, just get a universal remote then program it for panasonic. and only use the universal remote for the "0" button. Just to get it done.

robxcameron
carne4 said: I ordered a new

carne4 said: I ordered a new 2.2ohm resistor from Panasonic and soldered it in (onto the legs of the old one, having cut away the burnt out resistor). I turned the TV on and NOW IT WORKS FINE! I proceeded to do the 'fine' convergence adjustments but could not complete this as the '0' button on my remote control does not work, due to a cracked circuit board in the remote control. So, does anyone know where I can buy a new remote control for a Panasonic PT-53TW53G ?

Hello, can you tell me what the part number is for this resistor and what was printed on the resistor? Mine is so badly discolored that it can't be read. Thanks!

Kevin

carne4
The 2.2ohm resistors are

The 2.2ohm resistors are Panasonic part number ERX2FJ2R2H. R7011 to 7016 are all 2.2ohm resistors. The 120ohm resistors are ERG2FJ820H. R7001 to 7006 are 120ohm resistors. Panasonic parts tel = 800-833-9626. The resistors are 90c each.

Steve

robxcameron
Thanks Steve...greatly

Thanks Steve...greatly appreciated!

Kevin

mmvette
carne4 said: The 2.2ohm

carne4 said: The 2.2ohm resistors are Panasonic part number ERX2FJ2R2H. R7011 to 7016 are all 2.2ohm resistors. The 120ohm resistors are ERG2FJ820H. R7001 to 7006 are 120ohm resistors. Panasonic parts tel = 800-833-9626. The resistors are 90c each. Steve

I was just given this TV from a friend who did not want to deal with it. It has the same convergence problem that is described here.

I have looked inside and have a question regarding disconnecting the 4 connectors which go between boards. Before I dig into it, can anyone tell me how they come apart.

cofaxer
Im having the same Problem.

Im having the same Problem. Iv had this TV worked on 3 times all ready. the convergence chips the repair man is putting in my set are stk392-150 are these from panasonic or are these after market parts. I would like to know? Becouse he said they are from panasonic dont know if he his lying to me or not. he came to my house on 7-31-08 put these in my TV but did not work. he told me that something was holding down the signal. Told me if he was me i would not put any more money in to this TV,but the TV is just 4 years old can this be fixed or not. All of the resistors are fine he said and that they sould be around 1 1/2 ohms or sould they be 2.2 i have no clue plaeze help thanks

cofaxer
Is it ok to use sanyo

Is it ok to use sanyo convergence chip in a panasonic tv how much are they new

Larry Dillon
the chips in this Panasonic

the chips in this Panasonic should be original Sanyo IC's. I get mine from here tvrepairkits.com and the kit included everything I needed for my set!! No hassle

coolmike
mmvette said:  I have looked

mmvette said:  I have looked inside and have a question regarding disconnecting the 4 connectors which go between boards. Before I dig into it, can anyone tell me how they come apart.

Does anyone have an answer to this? I was planning to change the resistor also

poppaadams
I just replaced the ICs on my

I just replaced the ICs on my Panasonic PT56WX51E used Chris' post as a reference, looks much better but it bows across the top. I will probably order and replace the resistors also. Per Chris' post, I did not disconnect the 4 connectors, as that goes to the capacitor and could be storing some power, I just disconnected everything else and flipped the board over to do my work. I didn't want to deal with any electrical shorts/mishaps. hope this helps

Larry Dillon
What is the post Link you

What is the post Link you used to repair your set.

mewhoexactlywhat
PLEASE,LARRY DILLON,I NEED

PLEASE,LARRY DILLON,I NEED YOUR HELP.I SENT A SANYO TV-LCD 42

mewhoexactlywhat
HI,LARRY DILLON,I NEED YOUR

HI,LARRY DILLON,I NEED YOUR HELP.I SENT A SANYO TV -LCD 42",MODEL 42848 FROM DALLAS TO BRASIL ,AND I NEED ITS ELECTRIC CODE TO MAKE IT WORK THERE.BECAUSE THE SIGNAL IN BRASIL IS PAL-M.COULD YOU SEND IT TO ME?THANKS IN ADVANCE.I REALLY NEED IT!!NIVALDO [email protected]

Carey man
I changed the stk-110 chips

I changed the stk-110 chips in my Panasonic pt-53tw53g rear projection tv with stk-150's according to another site this was acceptable and just an upgrade, when I was done it worked for about 2 mins (just enough time to get excited that I got it right) then it went out and the power light flashed three times and started to repete. I thought i got sanyo componets but there was no stamp on the parts to indicate that also I noticed that you said resistors 7001 to 7006 are all 120 ohm some of these resistors are reading as 82 ohm and are stamp that way I think I not quite sure. Are the resistors supposed to be 120 ohm and if they are when I change them do I need to change the convergence chips again? or is there some thing else wrong
Regards Carey

Larry Dillon
If the light was flashing

If the light was flashing three times the chips are toast that TV set only flashes when the built in diagnostics when the chip's are shorted also did you indeed get original IC's and did you check all of the feedback resistors for proper value? and did you also install a good new layer of heat sink compound on the backs of the new IC's before you installed the new ic's? The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence KIT for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,OH BTW, you should only replace with what STK chips you take out of the set!!!!

mewhoexactlywhat
Hi.larry Dilon,could you send

Hi.larry Dilon,could you send me,please ,the electric code or esquema fom a SANYO--LCD 42",MODEL 42848? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Larry Dillon
as far as I know there is no

as far as I know there is no code you will need to contact Sanyo electric USA or maybe SANYO South America for info on that set

Carey man
Thanks I will try this out if

Thanks I will try this out if it doesn't work do you need a slightly used tv lol

Larry Dillon
sure I need another project

sure I need another project to do!!! lmao. send it to Larry Dillon Manton MI.

speakinghere
I just picked up this

I just picked up this Panasonic PT53TW53G from CL in the freebies. Said convergence problem, repair needed. Becaused I have made repairs before and learned so much on sites like this one, I felt confident enough to replace the STK392-110 chips.

I get the TV set up and Turned on. I use the menu options to correct a very flawed and distorted picture. To my suprise everything was corrected and the picture looks great.

I want to make sure the chips remaining lifespan can be lengthened by cleaning the heatsinks. Should I use anything other than compressed air to clean these? Any other routine maintenance suggestions while in inside the set are welcome.

Larry Dillon
on this set you should very

on this set you should very carefully vacuum out the dust and replace the convergence ic's go to tvrepairkits.com for the original ic's as well as all parts that you will need for this set.
Larry Dillon,

jones1978
How do you remove the

How do you remove the convergence board on a panasonic PT47X54J. I am having problems disconnecting the white board to board clips. There are four of them and there is a tab that looks like it should lift up but it will not move. I also cannot figure out how to remove the two red wires on the flyback transformer. I realize that I must discharge to chassis to keep from getting shocked.

speakinghere
I found that you can remove

I found that you can remove the four white connectors between the two boards by prying up on them with a screwdriver. They will disconnect from the power board and remain on the video board. The flyback transformer, one smaller wire goes up to the focus block, just pull it off, the bigger one can be removed by pushing down while twisting the wire a quarter turn and then pull out.<-I didn't know that when I did the set, so I removed the block from the frame that spits it to 3 for enough length to work on it from the back of the set.

Larry Dillon
Did you buy original

Did you buy original replacement ic's or cheap knockoffs??
Larry D.
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

speakinghere
I would suggest that anyone

I would suggest that anyone attempting this for a one time fix get the kit. Consider the resisters and pico fuses as insurance that your new chips will work and last.

I found two rear projection sets that were being given away free because of a convergence problem. I should have kits for them in the mail tomorrow.

Is there a service menu for a more fine tune convergence adjustment?

Thanks Larry, you are a great asset to this site!

Envirod
Greetings,

Greetings,

I have a 2004? vintage Panasonic 52 inch rear projection and I am trying to set my convergence. I can adjust the top left crosshair for any colour, but I can't figure out how to shift to the other 8 crosshairs on the screen to ajust them as I have noticed that they are out of sinc, especially in the bottom left corner. I don't have the manual anymore and could sure use some guidance.

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Envirod,The best advice I can

Envirod,The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

ecollier2012
Look on the side of the clips

Look on the side of the clips...you should see some small tabs - left gently from there. When in doubt - get a complete kit with photo instructions from http://www.TvRepairKits.com

Pages

Connect With Techlore