RCA 50" DLP Scenium

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
kaminseven
FYI. this is info before cap.

FYI. this is info before cap. replacement:
new bulb, new ballast. tv turned on .. after a few tries, goes off about 5 seconds later. goes thru cycle. and does the same thing again, turns on, turns off.

So i seen this forum last night..
and so this morning..

I goto Radioshack, get new capicators. Bad thing is that they only sell 35V, not 50V. So anyway, I got the 35v.
I seen that someone suggested moving up to the 50, but since the stock ones were 35V, i didnt think it would be that important, besides the longevity of it before it blows again.

I get home, change the stuff out. Put it all back together.
Same issue, tv goes on, few seconds later , goes off.

[edit-the TV's sound remains on though, JUST the bulb is going on, off, on, off, at the interval of trying to properly boot up. ]

After leaving it on, letting its do its thing for a short period of time, maybe 5 minutes, I try to do power on, switch channels, switch inputs.

Boom. Tv stays on. So i left it on for like, 15 minutes, to try to let it warm up, maybe put some power thru the capacitors.

So i turn the tv off, and try to see if it will boot up first try or not. Well it doesn't, but, I have gotten patient, and have gotten it to fire up a few times, doing the same methods of patience, warming up, and input changing.

Btw my old ones WERE NOT puffy, in any way.
So what can this be related to? Light Engine? Dm3? Anyone?
The colors on the tv are perfect, and there aren't any crazy grinding sounds or nothing like that.

I mean, i seen on the other page it said "First, change these 4 capacitors" , what would be next?

CasmoD
I have a 50 rca hd scenium

I have a 50 rca hd scenium also, and the bulb blew, when I pulled the bulb housing out, what I saw was a lot of white particle, so I removed the panel and with my modified vacuum cleaner and compressor, I blew and sucked until it looked brand new. How my picture after all this, is a little fuzzy. Do you recommend cleaning the lenses?

kaminseven
I also have replaced my caps

I also have replaced my caps [which did not look popped] and my tv doesnt turn on correctly, but it DOES turn on and stay on.

I have to hit the power button, and once the blue lights start i hold channel down , making it cycle through all the inputs until the blue lights stop, then awesome, Tv stays on, and works great.

$5 in parts from radioshack, instead of the $140 board from DM.

Dee1
Hi, same problem and I took

Hi, same problem and I took it to a repair shop and was told that it is not the power supply board but the main board which is called DM-3X has gone out. Anyone no where to find this main board. It has power but

Ted2Paint
I have the RCA HD50LPW164YX1,

I have the RCA HD50LPW164YX1, Replaced color wheel and lamp recently and everything was working fine, but now I can not get a signal through the HDMI port, Only if I switch to component cables and change resolution to 480I will I get a picture. Any ideas????????

7538tjp
i have a rca modle #

i have a rca modle # HD50LW175YX12 projection tv. replaced the bulb but no the problem. tv will turn on flash 5 times pause a few seconds and then turn itself off. does anyone know what the problem is, the power supply was fixed a few year ago. is it the same problem if so what do i need to do. does anyone have a skematic of the power supply? please help me do not want to spend a lot of money fixing this problem

rca_fool
I have had the HDLP50W151YX1

I have had the HDLP50W151YX1 now since 4/04. Fairly satisfied with features, but on my third bulb now. Bulb #260962 from Suburban Electonics if interested (just get the bulb not the entire housing as the bulb is easy to replace. About $125 back in 08 about $80 last time. Not sure if this helps but had audio humming problem which turned out to be color wheel failing, it finally actually blew apart the other day. Easy to replace just some small Torx screws and delicate unplugging of two cables. Other problem in the past was what some of the posts describe: picture going black and then blue power-on light blinking, also clicking noise from back of TV. Turned out for me to be the small switch that gets reset when you replace the plastic door after changing bulb. My solution was to dump the door since the area gets way too hot anyhow and just tape the switch in the tripped position ...worked just fine and the bulb lasts longer due to better ventilation. Hope this helped. Hard to find parts for this beast since RCA is basically out of business. China anyone?

diy-fool
Yup, my hd50lpw150 went out

Yup, my hd50lpw150 went out after replacing the color wheel. It was good for two weeks, then lost the picture. The sound was still there and sounding perfect. At first I thought it was the bulb, so I replaced it and still no picture. So I opened the back and all I hear is very light hissing sound coming out of the board where all the resistors are. All my green resistors (35v1000uf) have a flat top but I think I'm going to replace them anyway. I did find one puffy top resistor, and it's the black 3900uf 16v, there are 2 of them and I will replace both and hope that will be the fix. I will post an update to see if it worked. Thanks for all your comments and posts, they've help me out alot.

rca_fool
This is the number for the

This is the number for the color wheel for the
RCA Scenium HDLP50W151YX1 I mentioned in previous post.
Got it on ebay ...OEM color wheel #267888. Easy to install
just need Torx drivers. Be real careful disconnecting wiring
harnesses, it's real easy to break em. Works great now and no more
high pitched whine either, which I guess was the color wheel bearing
going bad. I have to admit though that this is a lot of crap to go
through for a tv that's only about 7 years old!! Maybe Samsung next time?

frank 1
i have the same simptons as

i have the same simptons as you had in the first blog but i have the power board and the caps all look flat no visual bulging what did you find / what caps did you replace?

7538tjp
i sorry it took so long to

i sorry it took so long to reply, i replace the 35 with 50, the 35 did not bulge or look any different but i replaced them anyway, i did this around Christmas time and the tv is still working to this day. so go ahead and replace them

Pages

Connect With Techlore