green light of death

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
hikingkev1
green light of death

wow,I had no odea how many people have this problem.this web site is a dream come true.

I have a mitsubishi hdtv ws-65613 . works fine for weeks then bang blinking green light.lasts anywhere from 5 minutes to hours.any advice would be great.thank you

reach me at [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send you the documents

I will send you the documents you will need to see if indeed this is the common fault with this model and type of TV. If you have no soldering or repair experience, i highly advice you to call in a pro to assist you in this repair. UPDATE I have tried to send you the information you requested but your E-mail came back three times. I'm sorry but I do not have time to keep resending if the e-mail is wrong.

hikingkev1
Larry Dillon said: I will

Larry Dillon said: I will send you the documents you will need to see if indeed this is the common fault with this model and type of TV. If you have no soldering or repair experience, i highly advice you to call in a pro to assist you in this repair. UPDATE I have tried to send you the information you requested but your E-mail came back three times. I'm sorry but I do not have time to keep resending if the e-mail is wrong.

well I don't know why? I got the e-mail that said you posted.well try thisone if you will. thank you

[email protected]

underthetire
Green light of death.

Green light of death.

I have a WS-55813 with the same problem. Anyone have the schematics/service manual for this?

Thanks you anyone who could help! Repair guy said $500 to $2k to fix this problem.

fjintx
underthetire said: Green

underthetire said: Green light of death. I have a WS-55813 with the same problem. Anyone have the schematics/service manual for this? Thanks you anyone who could help! Repair guy said $500 to $2k to fix this problem.

Will anyone with technical information about the flashing light problem please send it to me?  I am a former TV service tech and now I need to fix my own TV and need the schematic or any technical advice available on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Frank

AVControlFreak
hikingkev1 said: Larry

hikingkev1 said:

Larry Dillon said: I will send you the documents you will need to see if indeed this is the common fault with this model and type of TV. If you have no soldering or repair experience, i highly advice you to call in a pro to assist you in this repair. UPDATE I have tried to send you the information you requested but your E-mail came back three times. I'm sorry but I do not have time to keep resending if the e-mail is wrong.

well I don't know why? I got the e-mail that said you posted.well try thisone if you will. thank you [email protected]

Larry, I also now have the dreaded blinking green light of death...

Could you kindly send me the info so I can look into repairing this thing myself?

I paid a service guy to come out and try to apply a 'fix' which I now believe is what is being talked about here.  The 'fix' didn't work - and he said I needed a new motherboard and haven't heard from him since...

Could his 'fix' have caused with other issues you might be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave Bixler

Larry Dillon
Dave, hard to tell, as I do

Dave, hard to tell, as I do not have a clue what the other tech did to your TV set. I Would only be guessing. If he did try the capacitors already, perhaps he is not aware of the power supply fuses or the surface mounted fuses on the DM board. How much solid state repair experience do you have? I could certainly send you the documentation but would you be able to follow it and do a circuit analysis? I also do not know where to send the info too, even if I was to. I am not a fortune teller I'm afraid.  Good Luck with your TV set.

AVControlFreak
Larry Dillon said: Dave, hard

Larry Dillon said: Dave, hard to tell, as I do not have a clue what the other tech did to your TV set. I Would only be guessing. If he did try the capacitors already, perhaps he is not aware of the power supply fuses or the surface mounted fuses on the DM board. How much solid state repair experience do you have? I could certainly send you the documentation but would you be able to follow it and do a circuit analysis? I also do not know where to send the info too, even if I was to. I am not a fortune teller I'm afraid.  Good Luck with your TV set.

I'm pretty good at following technical instructions - I've been the AV industry for more than 22 years - I've done Crestron and AMX programming for the last seven years (note screen name) - with good documentation I'd like to give it a shot.  I'm no stranger to good soldering principles - I'd like to give try.  Maybe save $1000?  The odds are good.

Thanks Larry!

email [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Ok Dave , No problem man i

Ok Dave , No problem man i will include you in a mailing tonight for the documention. Good luck with the repair.

hikingkev1
fjintx said: underthetire

fjintx said:

underthetire said: Green light of death. I have a WS-55813 with the same problem. Anyone have the schematics/service manual for this? Thanks you anyone who could help! Repair guy said $500 to $2k to fix this problem.

Will anyone with technical information about the flashing light problem please send it to me?  I am a former TV service tech and now I need to fix my own TV and need the schematic or any technical advice available on this forum. Thanks in advance for your help. Frank

the tv tech came out and took off the front panel and disconnected the plug in front he said sometimes that helps.well,it didn't and the tv never came back on. said it looks like it needs a control board that was in oct.07 it's now dec.14 and the part just came in,back logged from mitsubishi,called them constantly to get it here before christmas. dont know what to say but goodluck!

powerman
Larry Dillon said: I will

Hello there, I also have the 55813 and seem to be having the same problem. Could you please email me the documents on repairing which capacitors on my tv to [email protected], thanks 

AVControlFreak
Larry Dillon said: Ok Dave ,

Larry Dillon said: Ok Dave , No problem man i will include you in a mailing tonight for the documention. Good luck with the repair.

Larry - Christmas and New Years is out of the way and the fixing the TV is again a top priority - I never received your info.  I understand you busy as well but could you resend?

[email protected]

AVControlFreak
Larry Dillon said: Dave, what

Larry Dillon said: Dave, what's the model number man?

Mitsubishi WS-55813

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On their way man. Good Luck

On their way man. Good Luck Dave with the repair.

AVControlFreak
Larry Dillon said: On their

Larry Dillon said: On their way man. Good Luck Dave with the repair.

Have not received anything after 30 minutes.....

[email protected]

AVControlFreak

Just got the email.  Thanks Larry!!

I'll let you know how it works out!

Dave

Steven Jones (not verified)
I have a wd52725 with the

I have a wd52725 with the green blinking light and want to check the dm board.  I have removed the bottom panel and all the screws I see in the upper panel but I can't remove it.  Am I missing something

Steven Jones (not verified)
[email protected] thanks! :)

[email protected] thanks! :)

AVControlFreak

Larry - I got the info and I got the board out easily enough...

Back when I first got the blinking light I had a TV repair guy come out to look at my set.  Apparently he knew of the blinking LED problem and soldered in four new caps.  Fuses check out with an ohm meter.

It didn't fix the problem.  The light still blinks.

I should note that the four caps this guy installed were 35v, 680uF!

In looking up the replacement part number for the cap I found they are rated 16v and 1000uF!!

Can the unit be expected to function with the 35v, 680uF caps?  Although I'm not an electronics guy, I would think not!!

What is your opinion on this matter?  Should I put in the proper caps as your instructions call for?  Perhaps there is a tolerance for the caps and the 35v, 680uF caps should work.....?

Let me know at your convenience.

Thanks Larry.

DCB

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
DCB, Mitsubishi has, in the

DCB, Mitsubishi has, in the past decided that the 680uf are better to use but I have always replaced them with the 1000. Now your problem. Make double sure that the DM is seated into the main board all the way. I cannot tell you how many times, hear and in the field I have found the sets where the capacitor were replaced and did not repair the problem to be this issue. I have found it easier to remove the shield, install the board, see if the set works, and if it does, unplug the set and install the shielding. also, in the main power supply, you might find in rare cases, the F9A02 or the F9A03 to be bad abd causing the blinking light.

Connect With Techlore